• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issue Question

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, new to stock photos and got my first two rejections after uploading ~40 successfully.  I was trying to upload some examples of bioluminescence, since there doesn't seem to be that much out there, but was rejected on technical issues.  I was thinking this might be due to high iso, underexposure, or subjects being small? But given my novice stature, looking for some advice on why these two got rejected.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Hello,

You have exposure problems. Both are underexposed. You have to try and balance the exposure to get the luminescence and balance that against the background. Also, you have to try and get the colour balance right. Think about the composition as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are too dark, especially the second photo, which is also very noisy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, appreciate your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe are not a natural history library and they apply the same "quality" criteria to all pictures. They are not going to know about the difficulty of taking the picture or the scarcity of the subject - they can't be trained in all possible fields - so they look only at things like exposure, composition and so forth. And by any standardised rule, these are underexposed.  I hope you're able to find an outlet for interesting and unusual natural history shots that don't fit in the commercial stock area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That's great to know.  Yeah I am primarily in wildlife photography so half my photos are high iso and under exposed.  Appreciate the insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You have exposure problems. Both are underexposed. You have to try and balance the exposure to get the luminescence and balance that against the background. Also, you have to try and get the colour balance right. Think about the composition as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely a challenge, but I appreciate the insight - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines