Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issue Rejection Help

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You were so great the last time and nailed the problem. I've had 3 images rejected for technical issues, and I'm hoping you can give me some insight as to why.

Thanks so much for any input, it's really appreciated.

Best,

HeFountain 1 B.jpgOwl Shadows SM.jpgatherAmong the Rocks 2 SM.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Heather6527, To my eyes, all three should be cropped and made into close-up shots.

When you do this, be sure to examine them at 200 % magnification to see noise and spots needing repair. Each one will also require exposure adjustments and extreme white areas toned down. Cropping for Morning glories focuses on right 1/3 of the photo. Try several croppings for

the best close shot. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Joan for your time and thoughts. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at this on my iPad, I may miss something, but my first impressions are, that you need to work your light situations. You have big surfaces that are either completely dark or completely blown out.

6BEABBDE-68F9-4EAF-8641-039F42683DB7.jpeg

D5CA85DF-9B94-47DC-B8F6-54DC221CDBA4.jpeg

5A5CC560-2230-4F01-8DE9-2D33BDF9054D.jpeg

Your also have problems with your white balance (owl) and the framing as indicated by Joan.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi heather,

In addition to what Joan and Abambo point out, the areas circled are where the technical issue is with this image. If you notice the floor at 100% magnification, you will notice it has multi-colors that are artificial to its natural color. However even at normal image size you can see that rainbow I circle in blue. That is a technical issue. The orange color I also circle in blue is another technical issue. The pink is at an area that is blown out by high light from the door - another technical issue. There is the need to reduce high light and increase shadows and black along with other adjustment to get proper white balance..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate you taking the time and effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, ready for a fourth opinion.

1st picture - overall white balance, i.e colour temperature. It is too warm, so I think - the yellow, being from the sunlight, needs to be toned down a bit. e.g. Decrease the yellow - more blue, and decrease the tint - more green to get a more natural balance.

Fountain+1+B_whitebalance.jpg

The highlight on the floor, as pointed out by Abambo,  however, cannot be recovered, so this could be another problem - exposure! And I think it might be!

2nd - It's white balance again. Owl is too yellow - too warm, so again decreasing the yellow by adding more blue.

Cropping should be done as well to get rid of the pipe. It's not necessary. (In my view.)

Owl+Shadows+SMwhite balance,crop.jpg

3rd picture:

White balance and cropping!

Among+the+Rocks+2+SM, whitebalance,crop.jpg

Try to think more about your composition as well when taking the photos. The owl needs more bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, even though you wanted the flower 'among the rocks' I don't think it shows it very well. The flower should be 'among the rocks' and not just in the background - it's like an afterthought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ricky for your input. I really appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines