• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues (Again...)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I`m at a lost here, I don`t really understand what wrong with these pictures. Is there a problem with my focus, details, or maybe some noise/grains?  How do I know if  noise/grain is taken care of?

Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot! 🙂

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

There is no clear, sharp focus in any of these pictures. View it at 100% to 200)% in Photoshop, it should be obvious. If you still can't see it, I suggest photography classes. Sorry, getting sharp focus is basic lesson #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

1) the flower is not in sharp focus, and the WB (White Balance) is slightly too blue. The composition is also not very attractive with the tire in the background. 

2)  again the flower is not entirely in focus and the background is messy

3) same as #1

4) same as #1

Consider that there are already millions of floral images in Adobe Stock; yours need to be unique and technically perfect to be accepted into the database. Flowers are a great way to practice your photography skills, but I wouldn't

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no clear, sharp focus in any of these pictures. View it at 100% to 200)% in Photoshop, it should be obvious. If you still can't see it, I suggest photography classes. Sorry, getting sharp focus is basic lesson #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the problem now. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) the flower is not in sharp focus, and the WB (White Balance) is slightly too blue. The composition is also not very attractive with the tire in the background. 

2)  again the flower is not entirely in focus and the background is messy

3) same as #1

4) same as #1

Consider that there are already millions of floral images in Adobe Stock; yours need to be unique and technically perfect to be accepted into the database. Flowers are a great way to practice your photography skills, but I wouldn't advise spending a lot of time on them as a way to build a successful stock portfolio.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Jill, I need to practice more on focusing I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Practicing definitely helps. Here's an article that has many useful tips on ensuring good focus:

https://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-take-sharp-digital-images/

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HenokhAtelier 

In addition to all photos being out of focus and the white balance of the second image being off, the third and fourth images are slightly underexposed and the fourth image shows signs of shake.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you mentioned it, I do see a slight sign of shake in my fourth picture. Thanks Jac!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome @HenokhAtelier 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines