• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues (New User, Tips Appreciated)

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I submitted this photo and it was rejected for Technical Issues without a specific issue mentioned, can anyone help with some tips?

Looking at the photo with fresh eyes, I can see it's definitely too saturated (my bad for trusting "Auto" in Camera Raw). But aside from that, I didn't see anything too bad. It's been a couple years since my photography class, please let me know if I'm missing anything glaringly obvious. Or if it was just the saturation that got it rejected.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Austin

IMG_7018-Final.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does see a bit too brilliant, and as Nancy, too little of the image is in focus.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see your exif data, so I'm missing some of the information I use to judge the pictures.

If the background is snow, and you trusted the camera settings, you have identified one of the problems. I think that it is underexposed and that the white background needs to be more radiant white. In addition, I see some traces of over processing. There is a kind of halo around the berries and the branches. I suspect sharpening pushed very high with a lot of noise compensation.

I would also adjust the white balance to the warmer side.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines