• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues please give me help

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody explain, whats wrong with this photo?

IMG_0814.jpgPhoto_6553830_DJI_230_jpg_4177023_0_2021731152054_photo_original.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vitaliy-go Honestly, I don't know. They actually look pretty good to me. The bell tower is a little soft when zoomed in but I think that's rather picky. The drone shot seems fine with good detail in the rocks at 130 percent. I might have accepted both images. You may get other feedback from the Community that points out more serious techincal flaws than I can detect.

JainLemos_0-1630689905456.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bell tower shows a white halo at 250%. 

20210423220725_IMG_0581-2.jpg

At 175% the water looks like posterization. Maybe from JPEG compression?

Photo_6553830_DJI_230_jpg_4177023_0_2021731152054_photo_original.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RALPH_L,

I always use 100%, 200% anything in-between gets interpolated. What you see above 200% is probably irrelevant.

But yes, there is a halo with the cross:

Abambo_0-1630695376726.png

As for the water, I think it's as expected.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but if you look behind bell tower, there is sun and bottom of cross is reflected light. When strong light behind any object will get around light.

About sea is no any compression, maybe becouse high reflect of sun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing halos is something I correct fairly often.  Just zoom in and clone stamp it on a transparent layer.  I don't worry about them usually for prints unless the prints are really big, but usually remove them for stock.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First the church:

The bell could be less on the dark side. As for the rest, it's not a great picture, but I really can't see why it is not accepted… Yes, it looks like there is some noise, but it's not excessive. The wall is quite blue (it's probably white in real life), but adjusting the white balance did not convince me. If you can lighten up the bell a bit (RAW files will be of great help here), I think you should resubmit.

The beach:

Like @J E L, I'm quite surprised that the picture did not get accepted. OK, it's not crisp sharp, but it's not out of focus. Yes, the waterside has those light reflections, but that is to be expected. I suggest you apply a bit of sharpening (especially if you have RAW file) and resubmit.

Sorry, but there may be from time to time rejections where we do not quite see the reason…

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

You could warm the bell image up a bit - maybe - but as it is taken from the shaded side, the blue is too be expected. As the church is white, and taken when there is bright blue sky, the the shadow side will have a blueish hint - like you see here.

I think that the bell is a bit too dark. Lighting it doesn't seem to work too well though.

For the drone shot, I would lighten the cliffs with a gradient filter. It is a bit too dark, you could also add a bit more contrast/vibrancy. It looks a bit 'flat' to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines