Hello, Could I get some more info please

Thanks in advanceIMG_1169 bistro pub.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

The technical reason is probably the cropping. I would expect to have a bit of the surrounding universe in the picture.

As for other problems:

A little  sharpening and a bit of texture (clarity) together with colour noise reduction may help. However, it may also get an ultimate refusal because of IP violations.

As for the commercial value for the image, I would guess that it won't be a bestseller.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rose 6060 Is this a photograph of someone else's sign or graffiti design or your own graphic? I can't immediately think of any stock applications for it. If a designer needed an image of a sign with this generic message they most likely would create it with their own tools, fonts, and colors. Also, it doesn't appear in focus to me and there is some sort of black shadow that's overlapping the white letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jain

So what are the technical issues? - is it the focus? and I am not sure what you mean about a black shadow? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, technically it is out of focus and by the black shadow I mean that you've applied some type of blackish stroke or brush wash over the white letters and maybe you were going for a grunge or textured look or something but it hasn't been applied well in some letters and looks like bad shadowing. This would be better submitted as a vector file to get the crispy look that text requires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a photo of chalk on a black board nothing was done to the lettering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, the black streaks are because the blackboard is bleeding through the chalk. Well, the image wasn't acceptable for technical reasons which probably have to do with the ones we've suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The technical reason is probably the cropping. I would expect to have a bit of the surrounding universe in the picture.

As for other problems:

A little  sharpening and a bit of texture (clarity) together with colour noise reduction may help. However, it may also get an ultimate refusal because of IP violations.

As for the commercial value for the image, I would guess that it won't be a bestseller.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. Would signwriters work be copywrited? It would be nice and more honest if there was a rejection that labelled the reject as something like "this will not sell here" and not "technical issues". I would rather not waste time asking about and looking for techical issues unnecessarily. I have had some really strange things sell on another site. An likewise there are things that seem to sell that dont sell on other sites 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Signwriting like the one above is probably protected by copyright. 

See here for content rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

There will be only one reason shown, usually the first the moderator detects, sometimes also the one that is not correctable.

I have pictures selling on other sites and not selling here and vice versa. Different sites attract different customers.

There are technical issues with your file, but they are not that obvious than with other contributors. And they are probably such, that a different moderator at the end of his shift may have been given a go. 

What we do here is speculating on the thaughts of a moderator based on some extensive experience  with Adobe stock. After a while, you get an eye for what passes, what may pass and what gets refused. We all have refusals here, and all means also Adobe people submitting. 

A refusal is OK. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this submitted as a JPG bitmap?  If yes, it has no commercial appeal.  I would not buy it.

Or was it submitted as a vector Illustrator file that the customer can edit to change the message?  Obviously, that would have more commercial appeal to potential customers.

Before you submit images, ask yourself who will buy this and how will they use it?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy, It was a jpg not a bitmmap image. My question was not about the commercial appeal of the image - it was about the technical issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixel-based raster images = bitmaps, jpgs and pngs.  You can't have commercial appeal without good technical quality. 

If you want to create signs as JPGs that nobody can edit, you won't get many sales.  On the other hand, if you create signs as vectors that people CAN edit, your quality will be 100% better and you'll make more sales. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines