• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues Rejection

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I recently tried to upload an illustration (stylized photo made into illustration) and it was rejected. Can you please help me understand why exactly? What should I change for it to be accepted?IMG_3524 copy.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Among other things, these elements are disturbing:

Abambo_0-1657295114613.png

Looking at the picture from a distance it looks OK, but if you are at 100% or more, you see artefacts.

Abambo_1-1657295393707.png

Simply applying a filter never produces a good image for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

See screenshot:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technical issues or IP rejection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rejected for "technical issues"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Among other things, these elements are disturbing:

Abambo_0-1657295114613.png

Looking at the picture from a distance it looks OK, but if you are at 100% or more, you see artefacts.

Abambo_1-1657295393707.png

Simply applying a filter never produces a good image for stock.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, got it. How can I make such an image without such mistakes? Sorry, I'm
very new to photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not be just applying a filter to a photo to make art. Adobe have said that isn't what they want. You should take technically perfect world class photography. This seems to be through the window of a plane/helicoptor, including the frame, and presumably through thick scratched glass? Not a thing can be done to that to make it acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it was not taken from a helicopter through scratched glass. I know this isn't "technically perfect world class photography". I was just looking to make something interesting from a basic picture.

Like I said I am new to using Photoshop. So this was my first try. No need to be passive aggressive. Thank you. Definition of 'art' is very broad, so I assume some things can turn to art with only slightest additions, maybe even like a filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, @Test Screen Name is quite helpful, and rapidly puts his finger in the wounds. He's right in the sense that Adobe does not accept, or rarely accepts, pictures that have fancy filters applied. It's in the list of the “Don't Do”! You have a nice camera, nice lens. Take pictures that are technically correct, edit them to get them better, and submit. Stock is looking for naturally looking pictures. It's a craft, not art. The buyer can apply the filters when he wants to do so.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate a decent answer. I’m sure he is. I just think there’s no need to be kinda rude to make your point.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stock isn't an art gallery.

Adobe Stock customers come here expecting to find images of the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  i.e. Posters, brochures, magazines, billboard ads, video commercials, documentaries, product packaging, merchndise, etc...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned ‘art’ first, saying I shouldn’t apply filters ‘to make art’
That’s what I was addressing.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screenshot:

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Technically they want "clip art" Not fine arts. Adobe wants or any MS place wants "clip art" revellent to be used in things like ads, online and many other applications. Might wanna do some research. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines