• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical issues? What technical issues?

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two of my latest uploads were rejected for "technical issues," and I can't see any reason for this.Would someone want to examine the two photos (attached) and tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Both are quite artistic, but I suppose the Moderator would judge them to be underexposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

If I printed the first one, 90% would be black ink.  😥

The second image is too red.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are quite artistic, but I suppose the Moderator would judge them to be underexposed.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jill! I'll keep that in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I printed the first one, 90% would be black ink.  😥

The second image is too red.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The odd texture in this one looks like oversharpening to me, and there is also some clipped parts of the main subject.  Histogram reflects the image is underexposed.  There also appears to be white spots on the fruit that should be removed before shooting or cloned out.

2021-12-17 15_32_46-Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Parts of the main subject are underexposed, and the histogram indicates the image is underexposed.

2021-12-17 15_26_36-Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

The detail in the clipped areas wasn't able to be recovered no matter how much I adjusted exposure, at least in the jpeg you posted.

I hope that helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first (orange?) is underexposed and oversaturated. Even if I would consider this image as a pleasant and artistic one, the underexposure should be corrected.

The second has some noise and artefacts:

Abambo_0-1639875921459.png

In addition, borders are razor sharp. And shadows are like black holes with no detail to recover.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isnt anything wrong with your pics. Good eye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isnt anything wrong with your pics.

By @Thomas22318376mhnc

=============

This is NOT Instagram or Facebook.  This is Adobe Stock which is used by professional content creators for commercial projects like posters, brochures, merchandise, print / TV ads, etc...  Unlike social media where anything goes, Adobe Stock has strict quality and technical submission standards that must be followed, otherwise images are rejected. 

For more on what Adobe Stock expects from contributors, read the links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to be snooty and condescending about this, Thomas. I've been shooting seriously for decades and have been selling photos for "commercial projects" for all that time, including prestigious magazines. I also have won a good number of highly competitive awards, including Nature's Best and a Wildlife Photographer of the Year winner. In fact, 95% of the photos I submit to Adobe Stock are accepted, and the same thing with my submissions to Alamy and Shutterstock. So please, no lectures on quaity.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Good shots yes, but the exposure and saturation is a problem I think. Do you think they would print out well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to veryone for their sharp analyses. Very helpful, and I'll be more aware of these issues in the future. (The photo of the berries was focus stacked, and the one of the orange was light pained using the Harold Ross technique.)

Funny thing is, however, that my other agencies--Alamy and Shutterstock--both accepted these photos, and Shutterstock tends to me more picky than Adobe.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines