Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical issues with uploads

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

New to this so bear with me. Exporting images on my PC look great in finish, but uploaded to Adobe they're blurry and always trigger a warning for compression or quality problems. Are the images sincerely too grainy or deficient to be used (regardless of their subject matter, I understand flowers are most likely oversaturated) or is it the way in which I export the files? You can see some that were rejected below.

I've exported in many programs at different levels of quality, file types or DPI while keeping the original resolution the same since I read it shouldn't be changed. I feel like I'm missing one piece to finally complete the puzzle, except I'm swinging blindly and missing so hopefully I can get a straight answer. I just feel like its the exporting of my photos for submission that are causing them to then upload in less than ideal quality to the point where they look pixelated.

DSCF3910upload.jpgDSCF3936upload.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read your Contributor User Guide's submission requirements?  This looks like an image that was not properly optimized in post-process and saved in sRGB color mode.  Also there is a very noticeable white balance problem.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swapped between sRGB and Adobe RGB trying to land a submission that did not upload so pixelated so it could be. I read through it rather extensively, but perhaps I lack a fundamental understanding of proper photography for Adobe. I am not familiar at all with balancing and post processing as I'm just dipping my foot in, so when you say theres a noticeable White Balance you mean the whites are too dull in relation to their light source? And was it for both images or just the one with the strong light emanating through the trees on the 2nd photo?

Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are expected to minimally post-edit images in Photoshop or Lightroom to adjust for improper exposure, color saturation, camera angle and remove unwanted noise and artifacts that invariably occur in almost all digital photos.  We can't teach you the fundamentals.  But you can learn them in structured photography courses and by joining a photography club.

Meanwhile, read this about white balance.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/white-balance.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, and I understand that I can't ask you to teach me the fundamentals, I just didn't specify that when I expressed my lack of knowledge. I was mainly looking to confirm I was doing a poor job which is pretty solid as of now. I will take the time to learn more and thank you for the link on white balance. I appreciate your straight forward approach. Happy Holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi KhanCozy,

Looking at the specs on your photos, it looks like your ISO is set at 6400 and you have super fast shutter speeds of 1/7500 and 1/3200.  If you can, change your camera to manual settings.  Keep your ISO as low as you can to reduce noise / grain (100 or 200.)  You also want to slow down your shutter speed to properly expose your subject.  Getting the right exposure in the beginning should reduce the amount of post processing you'll need to do.  I think your photos were so underexposed that your adjustments exposed all of the flaws and created the purple fringing and noise.

Joining a photography club is very worthwhile as well as utilising a lot of free resources on the web including YouTube.

Good luck, I hope this helps and practice, practice, practice.  🙂

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines