• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TECHNICAL ISSUES

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have an issue with a rejection of my first batch of 8 photos I have uploaded. 1 got rejected and thats the one you see....can you provide some suggestion. I did read a few with the same subject line....technical issue

I cant match any issue that would compare to my picture....if you know more please enlighten me 

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing it

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

You may be the "sole owner" of the photograph, the camera you took it with, and you might even be the owner of the car.

But you don't own the rights to the design of the car, nor to the Cadillac insignia, nor to the brand name "Cadillac." So even if you were able to correct the technical problems with the image, such as the loss of detail in the shadows, you won't be able to overcome the IP issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like to add that additional other pictures of mine got IP tagged & Copyright as well,...how is that even possible when I am the sole owner of the picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be the "sole owner" of the photograph, the camera you took it with, and you might even be the owner of the car.

But you don't own the rights to the design of the car, nor to the Cadillac insignia, nor to the brand name "Cadillac." So even if you were able to correct the technical problems with the image, such as the loss of detail in the shadows, you won't be able to overcome the IP issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the photograph is quite dark, it loses a lot of detail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put yourself in the customer's shoes. Would you buy this?  What would you use it for?

Now put yourself in the shoes of the car maker/designer who didn't authorize the commercial use of their product on a billboard, magazine or video.  I think they would be very upset, don't you?

Adobe Stock customers expect highest visual and technical quality for use in million dollar commercials.  And the images you contribute to Stock must be free of any legal entanglements or questions about ownership.  This is necessary to protect you, the Stock customers and Adobe from possible lawsuits. See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, thank you for your reply.

I must say that automobiles should not be in this category since we are not rebuilding the vehicles property in our designs. Further more I would also mention that this photoshoot was addressed by General Motors Canada (Cadilac Division) to create a video for the all new CT5 Cadillac. These are a few photos of that day. 

I understand that what you are saying and what Stock Adobe wants....however if someone is running a campaign with an ad to sell the vehicle I am sure that General Motors would not hold back on it due it helps them sell vehicles. (Fact since I was almost 7 years with the brand as an brand ambassador and sells)

Every advertisment regarding cadillac needs to be run through Cadillac for final approval anyway, so even if a company hired by Cadillac decides to choose my picture for an ad that would be ok since again it needs a final approval.

I thank you for your time and effort to bring this more to light but I think the lawyers of ADOBE should look at it again since if you put any car makers name in the search for photos you will see all types of BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Cadillac, etc... all available in the search category.

Still confused about this double standard but I will keep my self according to their guidlines and see what comes out of it.

Appreciated and thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then get a property release from GM and submit it with the image. You'll still have to fix the technical problems, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is a other thing,....what is a technical issue....I have them on almost every picture I submitted...whats the solution and how can I know what exact issue they have with each individual picture...photography is an art...or have I missed something in these times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stock Photography is a craft and it's not for everyone.  Good stock photographs are realistic, technically perfect and aesthetically appealing.  Save your abstracts, fancy filters and artistic effects for the photo sharing sites.  That's not what Stock customers typically come here looking for. 

Technical issues include proper focus, minimal grain & noise, lighting, depth-of-field, color balance, color saturation, sharpness, framing and overall image composition (think rule of thirds).

Read about Quality and Technical issues again.

For feedback about a specific image, please start another discussion and post the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, thank you for your reply.

...if you put any car makers name in the search for photos you will see all types of BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Cadillac, etc... all available in the search category.

=========

@Parkway Production,

You're welcome. 

Yes but you're not looking at the license restrictions.  For example, these Rolls Royce images are all "Editorial Use Only" which cannot be used for commercial purposes, such as ads, promos or reselling products. 

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=%22rolls+royce%22&asset_id=324933820

Adobe does not accept "Editorial Use Only" images from individual contributors.  They accept EUOs from recognized partners & news agencies only.

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms#editorialUse

I hope that answers all your questions.

()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scenario: someone gets your stock photo and makes an advert saying their product is "better than a Cadillac". 

Next, the owners of the Cadillac brand sue them for stealing their IP.

Next, the makers of the advert sue Adobe for claiming they would have commercial rights for the photo.

Next, Adobe sue YOU for claiming you own all the IP rights for your photo.

Adobe have good lawyers, who work hard to protect from bad stuff like that, and to protect their reputation and their customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input, from what I have gathered IP is to protect design in commerce

https://www.wipo.int/about-ip/en/

In regards to your comment that if someone does take my picture and misrepresents it in their advertisment then thats up to them,....let me put it in other words....GLOCK is a manufacturer of handguns from Austria,...now if someone gets hurt or god forbid gets killed by that gun you can not go back to the manufacturer and say that they product has killed or injured someone....same principle goes for the subject you are pointing at. Just because I took a "PICTURE" that doesnt mean and should not mean that it is not available for purchase....

Here is a prime example of a photographer sueing Volvo
https://petapixel.com/2020/06/15/photographer-and-model-sue-volvo-for-willful-and-wanton-copyright-i...

Volvo I am sure has IP rights but that right is for protecting it in regards of reproduction of the vehicle or parts of the vehicle...again I worked for the Automotive Business for almost 7 years. 

The way it works in real life: A picture is a picture....no matter what the object is...who ever manipulates the picture with a message is the person who is responsible for its publication and making sure that it wont do damage.

I hope that my reply helps you to see my side of the story.

I submitted pictures of nature and fruits and lol,...Adobe Stock striked them as well...it seems like they dont like creators or specifically me in this case...38 photos and all of them rejected.

I use the FujiFilm XT4 18-55mm lense and I use Capture One to adjust them since I shoot in RAW.

Thanks again for the feedback and I hope that I might understand one day how ADOBE thinks...since they just go HARDCORE on everything I submit and at the same time you can find similar pictures like mine in search lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In regards to your comment that if someone does take my picture and misrepresents it in their advertisment then thats up to them" I'm not a lawyer. I don't work for Adobe. Adobe make the rules. We just try to help people understand the rules, so they can make pictures that are accepted.

Adobe might make the rules to follow the law, to make their life easier, to reduce submissions, or because it was Tuesday.  There is no appeal. You cannot use older pictures to prove yours follow the rules, because the rules change. There is no appeal. Get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This discussion has gone off topic now. 

To wind this up, you have your answers.  Regarding copyright,  Adobe Stock is no different than the other stock image houses.  If you try to submit an image that violates intellectual property rights, it will be rejected by all of them unless you can produce a signed IP release form.  End of story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines