Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues?

Participant ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Can comeone tell me what the "technical issues" are with this rejected photo?

To me,

• It appears to be in focus
  • I cannot see any noise
  • I cannot see any artifacts or CA
  • It looks properly exposed and the colors appear correct

Thanks!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

I don't believe the composition is flawed; it's a sweet image of a fawn resting in the grass. I do think it's over-exposed, lacking contrast and a bit too yellow. I just dropped the image into LightRoom and took a look at the Histogram which shows the exposure bunched up on the right side. I hit the Auto button and the exposure was adjusted downwards by .7 stop and Contrast by +7. I also adjusted the white and blacks to achieve a more balanced exposure. I painted on a bit of sharpening around th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Hello,

I think the picture is overexposed. Look at the histogram:

Screenshot 2021-08-09 080357.png

and the white balance is a bit off - it's a bit too yellow'green.

As far as the compiostion goes, you could have a wee bit more foreground.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition I'd say. The fawn's head is blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you knnow why our photos would be rejected based on subjective reasons like this? What if someone wanted the fawn to be peeking out of the grass, and they missed the opportunity to use a perfect photo because someone else thought it isn't what a designer would want? 

I'm having trouble figuring out why my texture photos are being denied other than they might think it is too much cropping, I had a close up of green sand, and one of black sand, and one was approved the other wasn't. I am quite confused about composition being considered a technical issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition is subjective, EsotericSpiral, but it isn't random. And it is specifically listed on Adobe's list of technical reasons - did you read it? We see lots of poorly composed pictures, like random objects around the subject, non-level horizons, power cables crossing an otherwise fine landscape, dogs with a paw cut off - commercial artists are expected to do better. Yes, it's particularly tough for wildlife shots, of course, but Adobe customers expect perfection - such as they would find in a wildlife magazine or TV documentary; they don't know or care how hard it is.

It's best not to jump onto the discussion of someone else's very different work. I suggest you start a new discussion with an example of your own work (not just a description). Be sure to post the exact original work, because many faults are only visible at 100%-200%. And, don't play the "guess which was accepted" game. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I did want him hidden, that was part of the concept, a young deer hiding from the dangers of the wild.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The composition is not the major fault, but if possible, tell the deer to move a little bit to the left and take more room down.

The major fault is the overexposure and the faulty white balance. If the weed gets more out of focus, that would be ideal.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe the composition is flawed; it's a sweet image of a fawn resting in the grass. I do think it's over-exposed, lacking contrast and a bit too yellow. I just dropped the image into LightRoom and took a look at the Histogram which shows the exposure bunched up on the right side. I hit the Auto button and the exposure was adjusted downwards by .7 stop and Contrast by +7. I also adjusted the white and blacks to achieve a more balanced exposure. I painted on a bit of sharpening around the exposed eye. I think with these changes the image would be accepted.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so am I able to re-submit it if I make some changes? Or once it is rejected, that's it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, definitely. I have had quite a few accepted after additional editing. I just make sure that resubmitted images have a different file name when I upload them.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks!

I took another close look, and I may have found the issue (sorry for wasting everyone's time).

On the left side, I removed a branch that was distracting, and if I look carefully I can see where. I should have checked more carefully before 😞

Tonight after the deer left I went out and cut the branch down, so tomorrow I'll re-take the shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How lucky you are that you get a chance for a "do-over" !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, they practically live in the field next to my house, even though I live in the city (deer are very common around town here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think the picture is overexposed. Look at the histogram:

Screenshot 2021-08-09 080357.png

and the white balance is a bit off - it's a bit too yellow'green.

As far as the compiostion goes, you could have a wee bit more foreground.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines