• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% sure what the technical issues are that caused these images to be rejected. Maybe someone can enlighten me? Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the first photo, it isn't sharp, and it has noise (check the sky at 100%). Also, the highlights in the bird are blown, and there is vignetting in the corners. Composition would be better if the bird were not so close to center.

For the second photo, again, not sharp, noise, blown highlights, and vignetting. It would also be better if the fence were level.

For the third photo, it could be sharper, and there is still noise in the sky and blown highlights (but not as bad as the others). The sign should be vertical and the wires in the botthm left should be removed, as should the tiny logo on the sign (it almost looks like a dirt spot, but it is actually a logo or something). You used a smaller aperture so the vignetting is gone, but now I see a spot in the sky from dust on your sensor.

It might be helpful for your to Google "rule of thirds" to improve you ccomposition a bit. Remember when shooting for stock to leave room for test, many buyers will add text when they use the photo, and if they don't need the extra space, they  can criop it themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments, they have given me food for thought. Since I am trying to capture birds in motion I tend to focus on shutter speed rather than aperture, so it seems I'll need to get the balance right with the equipment I can afford. I suspect that the attached photo is a bit better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to what @madscica commented on, if you view at 300% you can see artifacts between the sky and the other objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a pro in the photography but I still believe that the first photo is far better than the other two and has the main object in focus and captures it in detail therefore it doesn't matter whether the sky looks blurry or not. I think you should try to submit the first photo again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your comment, I tend to agree with you. The photo was accepted elsewhere, so I won't try Adobe again. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines