Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

anyone has an idea what is wrong with this image?

The Adobe team could certainly attach a more accurate description of the problem.
But why would they do that when we can delete the images, then post them on the forum and by method test and fail edit/fix/completely screw up and re-upload again...

_MG_0038_tech_iss.jpg

 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look at this photo, my eyes are drawn to the bright spot in front of the mushroom.  I believe this to be composition/lighting related.  I believe the blades of grass in front of the mushroom are a distraction from the main subject.

I hope this helps!

-George Folster

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @beaver1234 ,

Zoom in closely at the trunk of the tree an you will observe that it is a dull grey. It is underexposed and possibly a little cool. The highlights in the bushes need to be reduced in post processing. In the future check the entire frame for distractions and remove them or shift your position before taking the shot. The grass makes your beautiful shot a poor composition. 

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe team could certainly attach a more accurate description of the problem.
But why would they do that when we can delete the images, then post them on the forum and by method test and fail edit/fix/completely screw up and re-upload again...

By @beaver1234

It is worth noting that Adobe stock is there to provide high quality stock images to paying customers, not to make you a better photographer. Moderators are very effective by looking at pictures and rejecting them by using predefined reasons. It's your task to analyse your picture beforehand and decide if it may pass.

I have the impression that you downsampled the image but even so, I think that the mushrooms are out of focus, in addition, what has been said before.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Among other things, the composition is cluttered which is a technical issue.  Check out the competition to see what other Stock Contributors are doing in these keywords. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit that most of the photos on the first page for both lines look like they are not mushrooms photographed in their natural habitat. And only about 2 or 3 photos show shots with grass as the natural habitat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...they are not mushrooms photographed in their natural habitat.

=========

I suppose "natural habitat" isn't what people search for and purchase when they're looking for mushrooms/fungi.

Sometimes you need to step back and "think" like your customers think.  Understanding what people want and how they're likely to search for it is a big part of being successful with stock imagery.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines