• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know why the following images were rejected?

TOPICS
Contributors , Fotolia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

1. Very blurry and not a pleasing composition with the wires running through the frame 

2. Underexposed and blurry and would probably earn an IP rejection if it's someone's artwork

3. Blurry, leaning verticals, lens spot in the sky and probably should have been shot in landscape mode rather portrait

4. Underexposed and blurry 

Others have similar technical issues. The fact that these were all shot in portrait mode seems to be an indication that they were captured with a smartphone. Though it's p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

@Yashovijay Bharati , it is very important to review your photos at 100-200% magnification on a large screen.  It is much easier to catch some of your technical issues such as lack of focus, sensor / dust spots, artifacts and chromatic aberration.  Here are some of the technical issues I can see.

sravanabelagola-3110.jpg

• The photo is very blurry - no focus at all
  • From a composition point of view, the power lines are distracting and should be removed in post processing.  I would also crop out

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Very blurry and not a pleasing composition with the wires running through the frame 

2. Underexposed and blurry and would probably earn an IP rejection if it's someone's artwork

3. Blurry, leaning verticals, lens spot in the sky and probably should have been shot in landscape mode rather portrait

4. Underexposed and blurry 

Others have similar technical issues. The fact that these were all shot in portrait mode seems to be an indication that they were captured with a smartphone. Though it's possible to get phone images accepted, the lighting conditions need to be ideal, and you still need to apply basic edits to improve them as much as possible.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comments. I am very new to stock photography as you can see with my work. Thanks to you I'm aware of where I stand as a photographer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Yashovijay Bharati , it is very important to review your photos at 100-200% magnification on a large screen.  It is much easier to catch some of your technical issues such as lack of focus, sensor / dust spots, artifacts and chromatic aberration.  Here are some of the technical issues I can see.

sravanabelagola-3110.jpg

• The photo is very blurry - no focus at all
  • From a composition point of view, the power lines are distracting and should be removed in post processing.  I would also crop out the partial building on the right.
  • The white balance is off making the photo much too yellow

sravanabelagola-4392-(2).jpg

• Depth of field is too shallow, the face of the statue should be in sharp focus
  • Black and white photography is generally not accepted by Adobe Stock
  • Noise and artifacts at 100% magnification

sravanabelagola-3091.jpg

• White balance is off making the photo much too yellow
  • Sensor / dust spots on the upper left portion of the photo
  • Not all of the structure is in focus, especially when looking at the top  of it
  • The structure in the image is not vertical - seems to be leaning to the right

YVB-0831.jpg

• The image is underexposed
  • The focus is a bit soft, probably due to the low light
  • White balance again seems too yellow

YVB-0793.jpg

• Sensor / dust spots seen in the sky
  • The top of the building is cut off
  • The corner of the other building's roof in the top corner is distracting and should be removed

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comments. I shall inculcate these changes and make the pictures better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YVB-0863.jpg

• Sensor / dust spots in the sky
  • The ropes at the top of the oblisk are distracting and should be removed in post processing
  • The white balance again seems too yellow

YVB-0844.jpg

• White balance is too yellow
  • Soft focus (I noticed your shutter speed on this one was 1/10 second - were you using a tripod?  Perhaps there was some motion blur.)

YVB-36.jpg

• Neither the statue nor the candle are in focus - you need at least one of them in sharp focus

YVB-31.jpg

• Lack of focus - appears to be motion blur due to the slow shutter speed
  • Excessive noise
  • White balance is off

YVB-28.jpg

• Slightly underexposed
  • White balance is off

Some of your issues are fixable in post processing, such as noise reduction, colour correction, rotating and cropping your images to ensure buildings are vertical.  Unfortunately, the images with focus issues will be difficult to sharpen.

On another note, I do not know if any of your subjects will be rejected for Intellectual Property violations - that is something you will have to look into.  Property releases may be required for photos taken inside the temples.

Here are some resources that you may find helpful:

Best of luck with your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all the other replies so far.

Start saving for a decent DSLR camera (new or used), a cleaning kit, lenses and tripod.  You'll need better equipment if you wish to succeed at Stock photography.  Take some photography courses to learn about proper lighting, depth-of-field and focus.  Also join a photography club where you'll learn tips from other photographers.

Before submitting your work, compare it with other Stock inventory. If it's as good or better than what is represented, submit it.  If not, skip it and go to the next one.

Finally, we are unpaid forum volunteers, not Adobe Stock employees.  When you want feedback here, please limit it to 3 photos.  It's too labor intensive to examine 10 images from one contributor.

Better luck with your next submission.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ms. O'Shea for your inputs. I shall keep in mind about not sharing a lot of images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, when asking for a review, do post only two or three pictures. The errors are probably similar and when still having doubts, you can again ask for those specific pictures. Also, when submitting, do not submit all the pictures at once, refusals will be less brutal. 

Examine your submissions beforehand at 100% and 200% and when you see focussing problems or artefacts, don't submit. 

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mr. Adambo for your comments. I shall make sure next time I send maximum of three pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In submitting work, I believe it is really, really, important to think about how the images can be used commercially. For these images, don't just say the travel industry! That isn't a good enough reason!

To be successful in stock the images have to have a really wide use that can be used in many different situations. It's not much point in getting images accepted, but then not selling!

Being successful in stock is not as easy as people may think!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your inputs. I shall consider and reflect on what you said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines