Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I uploaded some photos and four of them have "technical issues" so they have been rejected. I guess the problem is the noise while zooming (in fact I took these photos with a compact camera few years ago and I think I didn't pay attention on the noise). The photo of the cat is a canon 800 D camera shot and I see less noise in comparison to the three ones. 

On the other hand, I would have an opinion in terms of composition on these shots. What do you think ? 

Can someone help me ? 

Thanks 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Poor focus is the most obvious issue with each of the images, and that can't be fixed; therefore I didn't search for other possible technical issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
quoteWhat do you think ? 

==========

B&W images are rarely accepted.  Stock customers typically want full color images.  If needed, they can apply their own Grayscale filters.

Technical issues aside, I'm not sure how much commercial value these snapshots have for professional content creators.  Stock customers expect visually perfect and well-framed images they can use in posters, brochures, billboards, movies, TV commercials, t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

The photos are also poorly cropped. In the first photo, consider removing the lamps. In the second photo the object at the end of the pole is cut off. In the third, the bird should be removed. The artwork also probably needs a Property Release form.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Hello,

I also think the focus is not very good and your composition needs work. 

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe-stock-contributor

Another point to consider when uploading is how can the image be used - commercially - that is the keyword I think!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poor focus is the most obvious issue with each of the images, and that can't be fixed; therefore I didn't search for other possible technical issues.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteWhat do you think ? 

==========

B&W images are rarely accepted.  Stock customers typically want full color images.  If needed, they can apply their own Grayscale filters.

Technical issues aside, I'm not sure how much commercial value these snapshots have for professional content creators.  Stock customers expect visually perfect and well-framed images they can use in posters, brochures, billboards, movies, TV commercials, t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc... 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the photo of the cat, I think the depth of field is too shallow leaving most of the cat not in focus and not very sharp.  I noticed the eye in particular not being in focus, as well as the patch of fur at the bottom.  The whiskers had some faint but noticeable chromatic aberrations.  Something about the color seemed a tad off to me, I believe this was taken on a cloudy day next to a window but I could wrong about this.

In the photo of the birds on the pole, the object on the end of the pole was cutoff.  I would leave this either entirely in or out of the frame.  The white spots (seafoam?) were also distracting to me.

In the photo with the mountains/fog/lift, the cables on the lifts led my eyes out of the photo instead of into it.  I think the lights at the bottom were also a distracting element.  I wonder if this photo would have a better composition with the lifts removed and lights removed?

Thanks for letting me review your photos!  I hope it helps.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos are also poorly cropped. In the first photo, consider removing the lamps. In the second photo the object at the end of the pole is cut off. In the third, the bird should be removed. The artwork also probably needs a Property Release form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I also think the focus is not very good and your composition needs work. 

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Another point to consider when uploading is how can the image be used - commercially - that is the keyword I think!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First picture: noise is not the problem, more the missing structure, a bit everywhere. As for the composition:

Abambo_0-1633557839336.png

For the cat, you need more of the head in the frame and eyes need to be in focus for portraits.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines