• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

technical issuess

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a photo but received a technical rejection...first time submitting anything...i submitted from my cell phone...any feedback on what the technical issues with my photo would be greatdining room.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

While it's not impossible to get a great photo from your phone, it is very difficult because of their small sensor size.  There is a lot of noise in the photo and soft focus.  Besides those technical issues, you also appear in the mirror and would need to fill out a model release for yourself. 🙂 But honestly, it would have been better if you weren't in the photo from a sales point of view.

There would also be IP (Intellectual Property) violations and releases needed for the artwork on the walls

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upload the original photo, otherwise we cannot comment on possible faults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for your reply i have submitted the orginal photo from my cell phoneIMG_1004.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's not impossible to get a great photo from your phone, it is very difficult because of their small sensor size.  There is a lot of noise in the photo and soft focus.  Besides those technical issues, you also appear in the mirror and would need to fill out a model release for yourself. 🙂 But honestly, it would have been better if you weren't in the photo from a sales point of view.

There would also be IP (Intellectual Property) violations and releases needed for the artwork on the walls and for the dining room itself (even if it is your own dining room.)

The table setting looks lovely and I'm not trying to be rude, but for stock photography, I would have ironed the tablecloth and cleaned up the white spot (is it a rip in the table cloth?) in post processing.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much... omg I had not noticed I was in the picture... I had not consider the IP release forms for the artwork.... I think I should have  focused on one particular setting vice the larger picture... you are correct I should have ironed the tablecloth... I do have a camera so my next try will be with a camera, and focus on the detail... this was great!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what @reedesign1912 already mentioned there is a reflection of the window in the picture frame glass and the table and sideboard is not horizontal and level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you as well..... I totally appreciate the feedback...had not any noticed my reflection...as I stated in my other reply I will focus more on details and as a beginner I think I way too broad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reflection and T-shirt logo aside...

• The china pattern is protected by design pattent.
  • The crystal is protected by design pattent.
  • The silverware pattern is protected.
  • Artwork is protected.
  • Lamps are protected.
  • Chairs are protected.

So you see nothing here is commercially usable unless you have signed releases from all makers.

Nice table, though. 🙂

Read up on copyright and property releases.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow...thank u for the post...think I will focus on nature😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever subjects you choose, make them unique and highest visual & technical quality. 

Stock already contains plenty of plants, flowers, pets, clouds, sunsets & sunrises. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OSheado household items, such as the lamps, really require a property release?  I was of the understanding that functional items like the chairs, lamps, etc. were not considered works of art and therefore could not be copyrighted.  Granted if there was a logo or graphic design on the item those could be copyrighted (I'm thinking of the poinsettia design on the dinnerware.)

Admittedly, I have struggled wrapping my head around IP restrictions.  I just don't know how one could ever do a photo of any interior home if you had to get a property release for every item of furniture? 

Any clarity you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

-Rob

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Products from Ikea â„¢ & Living Spaces â„¢ are all protected and easily recognizable by anyone who shops there. 

Unless your room decor consists of 3D graphics you made, old antiques or refinished thrift store finds, you're probably treading on someone's design patents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines