• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical problems my picture

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my friends! My photo have any technical problems. Why and where?

IMGP0423 - копия.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

The water drops are not focused correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Stock photography is more like a craft, less an art. You need to produce technically correct pictures. If in addition to this, they are also beautiful, you will generate sales. Some of the most iconic pictures from great artists would never make it into stock. That's the way it is...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The water drops are not focused correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree with this. It was intended by the author, he didn't want to take focus at drops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree with this.

By @SRozov

Great. Something needs to be in focus. @RALPH_L just said why he would refuse this asset. He, however, has some experience in why assets get refused.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't disagree with the statement that the "water drops are not focused correctly". The image is clearly out of focus. You can dislike the opinion/rejection of the Adobe Moderator, but there is no means by which you may dispute their decisions - other than posting your opinion here. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah! I understood everithing and thanks for your opinion like great experts. But, but, I disagree anyway. Sometimes we need to should extend beyond the scope. I forgot that this place not for creativity, it's my mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stock photography is more like a craft, less an art. You need to produce technically correct pictures. If in addition to this, they are also beautiful, you will generate sales. Some of the most iconic pictures from great artists would never make it into stock. That's the way it is...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @SRozov ,

I assume this was intended for background use. Being a flat surface, buyers would want it for its texture. Now, keep in mind that the buyer might want it displayed on a large monitor, or transferred to a large print material, hence it would expand to 100% or more. The water droplets would not be showing in the lower left corner, hence the loss of texture. There are two other areas of texture loss. The two light sources where details are lost would cause a problem also.

Lets look at the other set of customers that want your image. One that wants to apply special textured effects. The out of focus, and highlighted areas would not work. The soft light towards the top is ok once the details are visible, but the two harsh burnt out areas will not make it.

You need to think that people will want to use your images for different reasons. The more perfect your images are the wider range of projects they are suitable for and more people will buy them, hence giving more value to your shots. A customer can use a software to soften, creating an out of focus appearance. He can add special effect to customize sharp light burnouts. He can even make the image sharper, but details are not there to create a sharp image out of one that is out of focus, or burnt out with highlight source.

You have to think to maximize the sales on your images. Your art must be showing in composition, not in the production of poor quality images. Poor quality images do not attract customers. 

So in summery, your shot is out of focus and details is lost in the areas of direct light source. Zoom in at between 100 and 200% and inspect your image in details and you'll observe the flaws.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines