Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Problems

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have recently uploaded my latest photo to multiple stock platforms. All of them have accepted the photo without any problem including Shutterstock which as we all know is one of the most problematic platforms they see the photos before accepting them. But today I receive an email from Adobe saying that they have not accepted the photo due to "technical problems". I attach the photograph so that someone can clarify the technical problems so that I can try to solve them.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

As you have found out now, Adobe stock is much more stringent than its microstock peers. Your picture exposes several defects:

• noise
  • chromatic aberration
    Abambo_1-1618933783761.png

In addition, you have a bad framing as a lot of the picture is only this black mask. I would have cropped out the lower part of the picture.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contribut

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have found out now, Adobe stock is much more stringent than its microstock peers. Your picture exposes several defects:

• noise
  • chromatic aberration
    Abambo_1-1618933783761.png

In addition, you have a bad framing as a lot of the picture is only this black mask. I would have cropped out the lower part of the picture.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for you reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davidtaphotography ,

It is not properly exposed. Details are lost in the shadow area. Too much dead black.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1618961503963.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome @davidtaphotography 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you intentionally submit it in that condition?  I ask because that image looks like a mistake  -- one that got captured while removing a lens cap or something.  

Read the Stock Contributor User Guide from start to finish.  Also take a look at what other Adobe Stock contributors are doing in your keyword categories.  It might help you understand what Adobe Stock customers expect in terms of visual and technical quality.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the colour balance may also be an issue - especially for stock - as it has a yellowish cast. There is too much black in the foreground, so it's rather unbalanced. Cropping would help.

I also think it's probably not that useful in a commercial sense. What usages could it have?

Shutterstock also tends to accept anything. I very much doubt they have stringent acceptance levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines