• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical reasons for photo rejection.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo was rejected for technical reasons. Can you help me understand what is wrong and how can I fix it?beach black hat on the table.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subject lives on contrasts, but I find them too flat in the details. I would lighten the shadows a bit in Camera Raw, darken the whites, and then increase Clarity and Dehaze to work out the local contrasts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, thank you very much for your comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sunset colours are not looking natural. Apart from this: the picture is slightly overexposed (not much, and I do not think too much to reject). I would work the shadows on the hat and detail!

Abambo_0-1655579893733.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, I will correct the histogram, of course. As for the sunset, perhaps it would be more natural to apply pinkish hues to the overall tone of the photo? And what is meant by the study of the shadows on the hat and details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As mentioned, the shadows are too dark, there is no detail in them. It's a black blob! The highlights are overexposed.

I think you could do more with the hat and explore the theme more. 

The same questions apply as in your other post.

Why show the hat? What could the buyer do with this? What could they use it for? If it is for a summer holiday, there are a gazillion images representing summer and vacation. 

You have to be careful with the toning. It can't be too obvious. It should be subtle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh thank you very much for your answer. I will definitely use your recommendations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines