• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

THE IMAGE DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not clear exactly what requirements these photos do not meet. Despite the fact that some photos from this series were accepted in the portfolio.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Hello @Sergei5F9F , nice images. I really like them. I think the problem is depth of field, exposure, some noise and a few composition problems.

Try to make the portions that are in focus to stand out. Emphasize this area. Do some noise reduction and try to fill in the areas that are overexposed. Also remove cut off objects on the boundries of your photo. My idea is something like this:

woodenshinglesA_002-2-2.jpg

(Not worth mentioning, but of course I did this real fast in LightRoom and it is not perfect.)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @Sergei5F9F ,

Nice composition, however, there is a shake of camera, or the object was moving while being photographed. If it wore that the object was moving, then you should have increased shutter-speed to freeze the capture.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1625848687978.png

This too is out of focus and shows shake.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1625848899423.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

In addition to soft focus, the composition in the first image is problematic since the overexposed leaf competes with the cherry for attention. The second image is overexposed, but that's an easy fix. I really like the bokeh, but the poor focus on the cherries takes this out of consideration as a stock image. You were shooting at f4.5 which resulted in a DOF that was just too shallow for the subject. The blurring around the edges of some of the cherries indicates that either the subject or the c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Sergei5F9F , nice images. I really like them. I think the problem is depth of field, exposure, some noise and a few composition problems.

Try to make the portions that are in focus to stand out. Emphasize this area. Do some noise reduction and try to fill in the areas that are overexposed. Also remove cut off objects on the boundries of your photo. My idea is something like this:

woodenshinglesA_002-2-2.jpg

(Not worth mentioning, but of course I did this real fast in LightRoom and it is not perfect.)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer, I will try to use your advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sergei5F9F ,

Nice composition, however, there is a shake of camera, or the object was moving while being photographed. If it wore that the object was moving, then you should have increased shutter-speed to freeze the capture.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1625848687978.png

This too is out of focus and shows shake.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1625848899423.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to soft focus, the composition in the first image is problematic since the overexposed leaf competes with the cherry for attention. The second image is overexposed, but that's an easy fix. I really like the bokeh, but the poor focus on the cherries takes this out of consideration as a stock image. You were shooting at f4.5 which resulted in a DOF that was just too shallow for the subject. The blurring around the edges of some of the cherries indicates that either the subject or the camera was moving.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines