• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The number of files I have in my portfolio has been reduced.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you see an hour ago I had 18032 files uploaded to my portfolio, but now I have 18009. I wanted to know if it is a web error? Well, I have not received any kind of notification.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

@Gabrieuskal and @mccjeff,

Please Contact Adobe Stock Contributor Support directly.  There may be reasons for removing your old images.  Or it could be a technical problem on their end.  That's not something fellow users can help with, sorry.

Stock Contributor Support: https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/en/contact

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have been going into my account and deleting a lot of images that were approved years ago and even were best sellers on Adobe Stock. Looks like they have major issues with their staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Have you also had the number of files in your portfolio reduced
today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. They removed a bunch of my images even though they were approved years ago and were best sellers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Have you also had the number of files in your portfolio reduced today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gabrieuskal and @mccjeff,

Please Contact Adobe Stock Contributor Support directly.  There may be reasons for removing your old images.  Or it could be a technical problem on their end.  That's not something fellow users can help with, sorry.

Stock Contributor Support: https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/en/contact

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh you bet I have emailed them. I am not happy at all right now. They responded to my email a few minutes ago with a very vague and ambiguous response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the response?  Enquiring minds want to know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still waiting for them to respond. I strongly believe that this treatment is very unfair towards contributors. Especially with regards to best seller images.

I asked them why they didn't notify me or at the very least leave the images up and switch them over to editorial usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have told me that it is his error and that the missing files will appear in 24 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They responeded to me and they said they have to right to remove whatever they want whenever they want.

I asked for a valid reason as to why MY content was deleted and other content of the same subject wasn't removed from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true.

This was probably an editorial "spring cleaning" based on customer demand for overlapping inventory vs space for new acquisitions.  Asset storage costs money and consumes precious space on data servers.  Over time, old assets must be purged to  make room for new ones.  It's not personal.  It's just what businesses have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm sure a company like Adobe can't afford storage on servers somwhere and they had to go and delete my 3-4 photos that were top sellers and on the first page of the search results for an important news worthy topic....makes a ton of sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm sure a company like Adobe can't afford storage on servers somewhere...

============

@mccjeff,

Easy for you to say.  For a company as large as Adobe that manage close to a petabyte (1015) of data and file transfers, the costs are anything but trivial.  

Occasionally old inventory must be purged otherwise they'll stop accepting NEW submissions which is what some other royalty-free agencies have done.  Would that make you happier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry but I don't think you know what you are talking about. Thank you though for taking time to comment on this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines