• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The problem with distortion

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am on the service recently. Sent 50 photos. Then a few days could not go to the site. Found ways to circumvent this problem. Today I met a new reason for refusal: The problem with distortion. Who will say what to do, for example, with this photo? How to fix the distortion? Maybe just a lot of pictures sent to check? Or should I change my camera?

And another question, if I auto-correct them in the Photoshop program, can I post them again? Or for it can block an account?

20170602_16231-4.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Hello,

So the software translated the Russian word into 'Distortion' but this has a different meaning in English concerning photography. Distortion is connected with lens distortion. Here, the meaning has to do with 'artifacts' which I mentioned in my other post.

Generally, smartphone cameras are good enough for sharing on social media, but not really good enough for Adobe.

If you zoom in to 100% or so you can see signs of 'pixel blocks' :

20170602_16231-4artifacts.jpg

So, this is another reason.

Using photoshop won't help much

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Do you mean focus problems instead of distortion?

In reference to focus as in 'Image out of focus' rejection reason the stamin, stigma and base of flower is out of focus and it should be sharp and in focus.

20170602_16231-4focus.jpg

Also when you zoom in to 100%+ you begin to see signs of artifacts and it gets a bit pixelated:

This is a problem with smartphones, Adobe likes clean images, with very little noise etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to solve these problems using Adobe Photoshop? I use a smartphone Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So the software translated the Russian word into 'Distortion' but this has a different meaning in English concerning photography. Distortion is connected with lens distortion. Here, the meaning has to do with 'artifacts' which I mentioned in my other post.

Generally, smartphone cameras are good enough for sharing on social media, but not really good enough for Adobe.

If you zoom in to 100% or so you can see signs of 'pixel blocks' :

20170602_16231-4artifacts.jpg

So, this is another reason.

Using photoshop won't help much in this case and you won't be able to correct the focus on the flower.

Generally, it is better to use a camera with a bigger sensor such as a DLSR - APS -C/H or full frame (or mirrorless cameras) and one which can take raw files - (DNG, CR2, .NEF) and then use Lightroom for example to process them. You then can do a lot more to fix/edit the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A picture like that will probably have more reasons for a refusal. At the end it will get a "commercial appeal" refusal reason, meaning that it is OK from a technical point of view, but that Adobe is not interested in such pictures. You should pay attention to your framing and background.

And yes, if you have the choice change the camera. ricky336 is right in his appreciation.

Distortion is not a refusal reason, so I suppose you are using the stock contributor site in a different language. PLease post the original refusal text (as text, not as a picture...)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am registered in Russia. Everything except the forum and some links in my Russian language. Here is the text of the reason:

Проблема с искажениями

Благодарим за предоставленную возможность рассмотреть ваше изображение. К сожалению, во время рассмотрения мы обнаружили, что оно подверглось излишней постобработке и/или содержит шум, поэтому мы не можем принять его в нашу коллекцию.

Чрезмерные искажения/шум могут быть вызваны низкой освещенностью, неправильными настройками камеры, сильным сжатием или излишней постобработкой.

Если это произошло из-за использования эффектов постобработки, имейте в виду, что наши клиенты обычно предпочитают добавлять свои собственные эффекты, фильтры и преобразования в черно-белый формат. Это позволяет использовать изображения именно в том формате, который их интересует, поэтому преждевременное добавление таких эффектов значительно снижает потенциальный круг покупателей вашего изображения.

Для получения сведений о типе работ, которые мы ищем, посетите эту страницу: https://www.adobe.com/go/stock-contributor-help_ru

Вы также можете использовать полезный ресурс — форум Academy Board Forum. Размещайте свои изображения там для получения конструктивных отзывов от группы ваших коллег. Ссылка на форум: https://forums.adobe.com/community/stock/contributor/critique

ID файла: 227942721

Исходное имя: 20170504_171945.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As from my experience, translations and back-translations are not always accurate. The word "distortion" here should be translated into "artefacts" which are defects in the image showing up due to the processing.

Phone cameras and cameras of the same quality level show in the JPEG images quite a lot of artefacts making the picture look pleasant on the phone, but showing defects if looked at 100%.

If your phone allows for storing raw files, try that. You will have more possibilities to process. But there are physical limits that can only be overcome by a better camera with better lenses and better lightning options.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines