• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

they rejected the photos for a reason I don't understand

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm a beginner and I'm trying to upload photos to stock. Please tell me why my photos were rejected?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

6 photos are too so many to give meaningful feedback on, so I'm going to pick one, DSC-06585 (Yellow building).

The entire perspective is a bit off on this, I suspect the photo was taken slightly from the left.  At 18mm, there is noticeable distortion as well.

The main subject is underexposed.  I believe the camera metering was fooled by the sun beam on the sidewalk.

The photo doesn't appear super sharp, and there is a lot of halo'ing around the statue, letters on the building, and a few other p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Examine images at 100-300% magnification to see the various defects.

The rose is underexposed and blurry.  Edges are not sharply defined. Background contains noise.

The depth-of-field is too narrow, probably because the camera was held too close to the subject. 

The overall quality is not high enough for use in commercial projects.

image.png

Adobe Stock customers expect professional quality for use in their own projects. Read the links below.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not understand the reason, but they gave you a reason. It's very important to tell us, so we don't waste your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reason about "Unfortunately, during the review, we found that it contains one or more technical problems, so we cannot accept it into our collection."

But I don't understand what kind of technical problems do not allow me to accept the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 photos are too so many to give meaningful feedback on, so I'm going to pick one, DSC-06585 (Yellow building).

The entire perspective is a bit off on this, I suspect the photo was taken slightly from the left.  At 18mm, there is noticeable distortion as well.

The main subject is underexposed.  I believe the camera metering was fooled by the sun beam on the sidewalk.

The photo doesn't appear super sharp, and there is a lot of halo'ing around the statue, letters on the building, and a few other places.

Hope this helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you forgot the ip violation, there is a sign at the right. IP violation is a separate refusal.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your last one is an out of focus black and white picture with disturbing elements in view upper left and especially upper right. 

flower images need to be correctly focussed on the blossom. And there are millions of flowers in the database, so the picture really needs to standout for one or max two sales.:It's probably not worth the work to upload and keyword those pictures. 

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Examine images at 100-300% magnification to see the various defects.

The rose is underexposed and blurry.  Edges are not sharply defined. Background contains noise.

The depth-of-field is too narrow, probably because the camera was held too close to the subject. 

The overall quality is not high enough for use in commercial projects.

image.png

Adobe Stock customers expect professional quality for use in their own projects. Read the links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Юлия5CB2,

The first file is underexpose. There is blue color fringing at the highlighted edge. That might be a concern.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1635911322624.png

The second is also underexpose. It is noisy and has a halo around the edges. That building has intellectual issues also. You need to remove signs and logos that are on the building.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1635911584461.png

It would appear the third has a slight white balance issue. There seem to be a very light blue cast.

Too much of the roses is out of focus and that too is underexpose and has a white balance issue.

The fifth also has a white balance issue, underexpose, out of focus and is noisy.

The sixth file is truly black and white with no details. Please do not convert your images to black and white. Also it is important that details of you subjects are visible.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines