• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This photo got rejected, can you tell me why, plz!

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Photo! Thx for help!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh great, another cat snapshot.  Post it on social media for your friend's & family to see. 

This is not a Stock photo, sorry.  The quality isn't  good enough for a million dollar commercial.  Besides, Adobe Stock already have millions & millions of excellent kitten & cat photos available.  So unless you have something really exceptional, don't waste your time with this category (no pun intended).  Find something less well-represented to photograph.  And  keep in mind that Stock Customers come here expecting purr-fect technical & visual quality.  Sorry, I couldn't resist one last pun. 🙂

====================

See links below.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course Nancy is correct that images need to be of perfect technical quality to be accepted, regardless of whether the CAT-egory is already saturated. Your image looks like it is straight out of the camera with no editing; but even if you had attempted to edit it you would not have been able to overcome the blown out highlights, poor focus and awkward composition. Spend some time studying the images that already in Adobe Stock's inventory to help you train your eye as to what is an acceptable quality level.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Frank Fennen ,

I like the composition of your image, but unfortunately the edges of the cat is not sharp. You did not have enough depth of field. Also the lower edge of the platform has green color fringing.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1623207403170.pngjacquelingphoto2017_1-1623207520131.png

Please inspect your images at between 100 and 200% for flaws before uploading to Stock.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to what the others said this is a good photo and can be saved. @jacquelingphoto2017 is right in saying your depth of field should have been greater but still I think the photo can be saved.

Learn to do post processing and editing. Here is one example I did in LightRoom.

1-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines