Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

time spent searching for keywords and titles

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community. I recorded the time and it takes me an average of 15 minutes to select keywords and write a title for one photo. Is it a lot or a little? How much time should be spent on this part of the work for it to be effective. Thanks everyone in advance for your replies

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spend 1-2 minutes per image because I rely heavily on Adobe's keyword suggestions. I add a few of my own keywords in Lightroom Classic when I'm editing the image and those are automatically uploaded to Adobe. Then I add all of the Adobe keyword suggestions and go down the list, deleting those that are inappropriate or unnecessary and sending the most important ones to the top of the list. Then I complete the title and press Submit. If you rely in the keyword suggestions, you'll save a lot of time. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I maintain a complex keyword hirarchy in Lightroom. Then, in Lightroom I add keywords that are specific to the photo and a title. In Adobe I add some of the auto keyword suggestions and sort the first 10 keywords. Time about 1-2 minutes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It usually takes me much more time. With the expiation of a series of images of the same or similar objects or themes. I always prepare all metadata in a text editor before submitting and embed  them into images exif data in File info in Photoshop. I look at, but usually delete all Adobe suggestions, as most of them are often irrelevant. This work is more time consuming and intellectually difficult than making a photo.  But it’s  also even more important for a selling success than quality of a photo.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it's the most important part of the upload process in that your success at getting Buyers to look at your image is entirely dependent on the title and keywords; so it's worth it to take the time to do the best job you can.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is more important, the title or the keywords?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both, since they are searchable. I think the first 10 keywords rank highest in the search algorithm, so be sure to prioritize your keyword search to put the most important ones first.  Here's the Adobe help page on Titles & Keywords:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/titles-and-keyword.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both are equally important. All most relevant keywords should be both in first 10 keywords AND in the title

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines