Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tranfer account

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

How I can transfer my stock account to my husband (photographer) ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an account used to buy (license) stock images?

Or an account used to offer photos for use in the Adobe Stock catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

used to offer photos for use in the Adobe Stock catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems impossible. When you contribute stock images, you are guaranteeing that YOU PERSONALLY made the photos and own all the rights. You cannot transfer these to another person, because they DID NOT make the photos. From Account and submission guidelines at Adobe Stock "Understand copyright. You must own or control all the rights to the files you submit to Adobe Stock. Don’t submit files that don’t belong to you, such as photos taken by your spouse."

So, if you want to stop adding photographs, you can do this, but you cannot transfer your portfolio of pictures. You have to continue to handle the earnings yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this to the contributor forum.

It may be, that Contributor Support has an answer to this. Need help? (Stock Contributor Support) 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfer of Copyright for your images can be done legally to another party ( in the U.S. though I can't speak to the process in other countries); however I don't know whether Adobe Stock provides any mechanism for doing it within their apps.

https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfer of copyright can be done quite everywhere. In some countries, however, you will not be able to transfer the moral rights.

But the primary question is: can you transfer ownership from an account to a third party? If you are a business, part of your business value is the account with its reputation and may be regular sales. So you should be able to sell that to a successor.

And there need to be a method (even if it is manual) to transfer ownership of an account to a third party, for example in case of the death of the account holder.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may wish to consult a family lawyer.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines