Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

translation of titles and keywords by Adobe Stock

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am french and all my tiltles and all my keywords are in french. ( for now )

Adobe stock requires that the titles and keywords must be in the same language.

Then Adobe stock says it translates into the language of each country.

I opened adobe stock USA, spain, italy and germany : nothing is translated in the titles of my videos.

I can’t check for keywords.

Could someone explain that to me ?

Cordialement.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Sorry @Abambo, titles are defininatly used in the search. This is also said in the Adobe documentation. I have also tested this and have proven that words used in the title and in keywords have a better ranking.

In region USA my search for "gorilla hind paw" returns my image at position 1. In region Germany, my search for  "Gorilla Hinterpfote" brings my image at position 14 and my search in Germany with english search words brought position 1 again. The title is not shown translated. The keywor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

The words in the title are searchable. However, it is important to keep in mind that if you list words in both the title AND the top 10 keywords, the system gives them an added boost. If a word is important to include in the title, be sure to also list it as a keyword. That way, if there are any issues with translation from the title, the keyword will still apply. You are covered both ways. 

You are correct, if you indicate in the system you are keywording in French, you must list all your key

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The titles don't get translated. Keywords get. Titles are not used by search. But I'm doing all titles and keywords in English.

(edit: just to remove confusion: the image below is not my image, but I would guess, that the "original" keywords were English.

Abambo_0-1669056563251.png

Abambo_1-1669056606636.png

Abambo_2-1669056669764.png

I will move this from Stock to the Stock Contributors forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry @Abambo, titles are defininatly used in the search. This is also said in the Adobe documentation. I have also tested this and have proven that words used in the title and in keywords have a better ranking.

In region USA my search for "gorilla hind paw" returns my image at position 1. In region Germany, my search for  "Gorilla Hinterpfote" brings my image at position 14 and my search in Germany with english search words brought position 1 again. The title is not shown translated. The keywords are. At least, most of them. However, not all of them,

As a computer programmer, I would assume that the users search terms are translated at the time of search. It would be impracticle, all millions of photos to be saved with all possible languages. All photos will have a common dictionary. Mixing languages in keywords and titles would confuse dictionary entries.   Showing a translated title could also be hard due to grammar rules that get mixed up in translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a translator I confirm what you said about automatic translation of titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry @Abambo, titles are defininatly used in the search.

By @RALPH_L

I have based this on a recommendation from @MatHayward some time ago. https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/uploaded-content-not-appearing-in-sear...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add keywords in English and I can see at least some of them are translated into other languages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The words in the title are searchable. However, it is important to keep in mind that if you list words in both the title AND the top 10 keywords, the system gives them an added boost. If a word is important to include in the title, be sure to also list it as a keyword. That way, if there are any issues with translation from the title, the keyword will still apply. You are covered both ways. 

You are correct, if you indicate in the system you are keywording in French, you must list all your keywords in French. Don't mix and match. That said, if you are comfortable writing in English, I recommend adding all of your metadata in English. It's not a deal breaker, just a recommended best practice. If you are uncertain of your English skills, stay with the language you are most comfortable with.

Thanks,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you for all your answers, even if a little contradictory.
I will put titles and keywords in english on my next rushes sent.
We’ll see what happens.

Cordialement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines