• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two rejected photos, but why :c

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, why this photo are rejected by "technical problems"?

i think looks good

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Photography with a smartphone is accepted, but remember that the same level of quality is still expected by the reviewers.  When I zoom in to 100% in Lightroom, the flaws are noticeable.

The burger photo had too shallow of a depth of field and not too much was in focus, there was quite a bit of noise, and a yellow colorcast.

The sunrise photo was underexposed, and there was noticeable noise & artifacts in the sky.  If you correct the underexposure and fix the noise in the sky, this one may squea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

I can say about the second photo: the photo is almost completely out of focus. The front of the hamburger, which is important and the first thing that catches the eye, is not in focus at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

In the second photo if viewed at a higher magnification, you can see birds that need to be removed, a white halo, and srtifacts in the background. Also the focus should be sharper.

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photography with a smartphone is accepted, but remember that the same level of quality is still expected by the reviewers.  When I zoom in to 100% in Lightroom, the flaws are noticeable.

The burger photo had too shallow of a depth of field and not too much was in focus, there was quite a bit of noise, and a yellow colorcast.

The sunrise photo was underexposed, and there was noticeable noise & artifacts in the sky.  If you correct the underexposure and fix the noise in the sky, this one may squeak through.  I would search for a similar type of photo in Abobe Stock first to see how the competition stacks up first though, to get a realistic idea of whether this photo will sell or not.

I hope this helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can say about the second photo: the photo is almost completely out of focus. The front of the hamburger, which is important and the first thing that catches the eye, is not in focus at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to George's very useful comments about the technical flaws, the hamburger image is not well composed. Neither burger is in full view, and the background is cluttered. If you search the database for"hamburger" you will find more than 600,000 images which will give you an idea of the desired quality. 

https://stock.adobe.com/search?load_type=search&native_visual_search=&similar_content_id=&is_recent_...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the second photo if viewed at a higher magnification, you can see birds that need to be removed, a white halo, and srtifacts in the background. Also the focus should be sharper.

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines