• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsure why image was rejected due to technical issues.....any tips?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I'm very new to selling photos and my Wallace Monument image was rejected.

I would love to hear any critique that you may be able to give so I can continue to learn and improve.

My first thoughts are as follows:

- too dark

- I dont see any dust or artifacts and seems to be in focus.

Thank you kindly.

Wallace Monument_26.07.20_4.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xenoaxle,

It seem to be underexposed. It is too dark in the shadows, thus not seeing much of the details.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Your photo is lacking contrast - not enough blacks and whites and it is a bit underexposed. Add a bit more light and contrast. You need more contrast in the foreground. However, B&W images don't do so well on stock, so it is better to leave in colour. The buyer can change to B&W if they want to, but can't add the colour back again. So, I would leave it in colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Xenoaxle,

Please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work. Photos are assumed to be yours. NO plagiarism intentions of any kind at all are pretended from my part. I hope this contribution helps to cover one part of that "big void" of multiple possible rejection reasons.

I am not an Adobe employee nor anybody to convince you about anything, I am just a volunteering dude trying to help people blowing off some steam when their work is rejected.

In other words, trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. My contribution is with good intentions only and hopefully will produce at least one smile.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Keep shooting, learning, observing, and specially, having fun!

Cheers,

Vences

67E26F5B-7481-436F-828D-93FC0CEA41EE.jpeg

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the reply, this is very helpful and i greatly appreciated your comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome xenoaxle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines