• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploaded Photo Question

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe didn't accept this photo claiming a similar photo I already uploaded exists.  Well, not sure what they are talking about as I have no wooded bridges in my collection.  None.  I shot this a few weeks back and convereted it to sketch.  I am trying to upload again to see if they just made an error, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Maine Bridge Sketch0September 30, 2021-SharpenAI-focus.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would guess that the moderator just selected the wrong reason.

You are welcome to try to submit again, but I would strongly recommend correcting the chromatic aberration (right trees) and I would crop out the right and bottom borders.

Even so, I doubt it will pass as normally you should have submitted a photo and not a photo converted in an illustration.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I submitted it wanting to see if they would accept a photo converted to sketch or some other illustration type image.  I wasn't sure if just photos were allowed.  Not sure what you mean by borders though.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Review the submission requirements for photos and illustrations.

I suspect that Technical Issues were the actual reason for rejection. The white balance is not neutral, too much yellow.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/white-balance.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't meant to be. It would be like shooting with a warming filter. I am fairly certain the whute balance isn't a criteria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filters are not allowed in Stock. 

Customers want natural looking images. They will invariably use their own colorists who decide what colors are needed (if any) based on the production designer's specifications.   Remember, you're selling images for commercial use, not private use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha, thanks. Wasn't aware. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly certain the white balance isn't a criteria.

=======

You would be wrong to make that assumption.  Here's why:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html#ImageQuality

image.png

Also this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by borders though.  

By @Krpuppy

Abambo_0-1634763307064.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Krpuppy,

If I understand you correctly to be saying that you converted the photo to a sketch, submit it and also submit the photo; the sketch accepted and photo rejected for similar, then the sketch is the reason for the similar rejection. I believe I read somewhere that you have to submit one or the other not both.

In any case, the photo seem over sharpened, has color fringing on the edges (more prominent on the tree trunks), noisy and has white balance issue. It's a little too yellow. It shows in the sky. It might be considered to be a little over-saturated.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines