• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading Aviation Images

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I have been an Adobe PS & LR user for many years and I am trying to upload my first image on to Adobe Stock and I’m stuck already! I have been using another well know stock distributor and now wish to move to Adobe Stock. My problem is I am an aviation photographer and my first upload is of an Antonov aircraft.  Can I answer “No” to the question “Recognizable people or property”? on the submission page without being rejected?  Any help would be appreciated.

[Moderator moved the thread to the brand new stock contributor forum]

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

I would expect it to be rejected. You will need a property release if it's less than 100 years old (which it is). So far as I can see aviation photography is basically impossible with Adobe's rules for stock. Except... if you look, there are lots of Antonov aircraft pictures, for recognisable models (because aviation experts or makers can identify anything). So... I don't know how these pictures exist under the rules. Can anyone offer more insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect it to be rejected. You will need a property release if it's less than 100 years old (which it is). So far as I can see aviation photography is basically impossible with Adobe's rules for stock. Except... if you look, there are lots of Antonov aircraft pictures, for recognisable models (because aviation experts or makers can identify anything). So... I don't know how these pictures exist under the rules. Can anyone offer more insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, looks like I will have to stick where I am as I can post images as editorials, I don't think I can do that on Adobe until I am a silver member. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try to upload, if you have photoshopped out all items that are recognizable. However, there is still a great chance that the image gets refused basically on the same motives that a John Deere traktor will be refused: It's per se recognizable. (With John Deere it's the iconic painting).

Other stock providers let you choose to upload editorial content. That is reserved here with Adobe stock for contributors with a certain rank.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any generic images of a wing without any identifying features?

You might try uploading those first and see how it goes.

Adobe Stock Airplane Wing

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=airplane%20wing

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines