Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Uploading diferent content from usual.

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

I am new here, I know there are some guidelines, but, I would like to know if we can upload something that is more inclined to Art and not the usual themes and guidelines?.. By this, I mean images with some grain (on purpose), or intentionaly somewhat out of focus ()? 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should a reviewer know what is on purpose and what is not? I do not know, but I assume that Adobe reviewers only have one set of guidelines that they go by.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try, but almost certainly, they will not be accepted.

Adobe wants photos that are technically perfect, and commercially marketable.

If you want to try more artistic type photos, you would probably be better off trying to sell them elsewhere.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will certainly get a rejection with this. Stock photography is a craft not an art. As with all craft, the final product may be beautyful but that's not exactly required. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can get an 'arty' shot that is also commercially viable, then go for it. Bear in mind though, that stock photos etc, are for commercial purposes - generally speaking - as the idea is to show/illustrate a concept etc.

Art is a different kettle of fish!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not impossible to submit art, but the standards do not change. Reviewers have no flexibility to ignore technical errors that are done deliberately for art. Their view is that their purchasers are looking for technically perfect commercial art, not art. (Indeed, we see purchasers who check these things and demand refunds).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines