• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very Confused

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded my first 10 photos and I've gotten conflicting emails on several of my photos.  I've gotten acceptance and rejection emails for the same photos.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I do not understand and must say, I feel quite humiliated by some of the responses from Adobe's moderators.  Almost makes me want to give up!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all: Adobe moderators appreciate the fittness of the images to be used in stock. They do not or only little appreciate the artistic approach to the picture. There are great pictures that get refused. That’s life. I have some pictures that missed the entry to Adobe stock. No need to be humiliated.

Second of all: I would love to see the acceptance and rejection for the same image. Was the acceptance before or after the refusal? Did you submit twice? What were the refusal reasons?

If you show one of the pictures, I’m sure you will get critics of what may probably be the refusal reason.

No need to give-up (...for the moment). We are willing to help.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this just today with my pictures as well.

One image was accepted this afternoon but a few mins ago I got a rejection email with the reason as "Non-compliant". I'm not upset about rejections but conflicting messages on the same image are very confusing indeed and will not help in improving the quality of images uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see the pictures of which you speak. Thanks JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my image which was accepted at 12:27 pm ET but was declined with the non-compliance reason at 4:07 pm ET. The image I submitted had no watermark, of course.

Door.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi meghanad

There's a watermark on the image, a signature. Your image will be reject for that. You will find the link below helpful.

Do's and don'ts for selecting and editing photos for Adobe Stock

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, JG.

But the image I had submitted did not have the watermark. I uploaded the image with watermark here in the forum conversation.

Well, I'm going to keep trying with the submissions. Hopefully, there will be something to learn from the rejections. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read everything, I know how to check the status of my images. I was just

asking if anyone else had this happen. I’ve had an acceptance and a

rejection within minutes of each other. I don’t need to post the pictures.

Adobe let me know what the issue is, however, it needs to be clear the

first time. And I think some of the moderates are really Ridiculous!!

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 6:19 PM meghanad62257334 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it didn’t happen to me until now. If there were however keywords that triggered an alarm it may well be that the first moderator accepted, because he did not see. I’m however, equally interested in learning from Matt what triggers acceptance/refusal sequence.

All pictures where accepted and then refused?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I have not had a problem like that. I get clear-cut approvals on a daily basis including this morning, and when there are rejections, clear-cut rejection. No approve, then reject.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's also my experience...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi meghana

It is important that your read through the information of the links I refer you to. You should also get a link with the rejection reason, it is important to read through that/those link(s) also. Non-compliant rejection is not one to take lightly. Multiple of this rejection will cause your account to be suspended or canceled. Therefore it is important to understand the reason for this so that you do not keep repeating it.

Here's another important link you need to read through all its content: tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle .

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG,

I had read through those before posting my q here. I uploaded the image to the forum here with the hope of getting a specific reason. No worries if you can’t provide that.

“Non-compliance” seems to be a very general reason. Also, nowhere does it mention that N number of non-compliance rejects can result in suspension.

Thanks anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, meghanad!

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 7:17 PM meghanad62257334 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meghanad

We are contributors like yourself who volunteer to help. We first direct you to the available resources of which in most cases helps. Many of the issues post on this forum, I had, and used the resources to resolve them, so we know it works. It is in rare cases that we need to refer your question to a staff member; of which I will now do seeing that you have consulted with the printed information and is still unable to identify the issue. MatHayward will be able to access your files and tell you exactly what is the issue. You will hear from him as soon as possible.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock highlight reasons works are rejected. The following is a quote for non-compliant:

"This reason means that your content doesn’t comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue."

You may read through the quote, and the Contributor Agreement and see what was the case. If you cannot identify the reason for non-compliant, let us know, we'll ask for further assistance.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello meghanad62257334, This odd occurrence makes me think you ran a batch of your work through a reviewer training session...Perhaps the Novice marked you work okay and later the trainer marked it not okay - different opinions of trainers.

No, don't give up, consider all this a combination of your becoming a better detective and learning about the uniqueness of Adobe stock requirements. High standards.

Honestly, I have a running fun experience going with the reviewing process. I try something different and if I have been very careful to be perfect with every Adobe regulation it goes through to my stock portfolio - if I am the least bit lazy or careless, it comes back to me Then I clean it up until it gets accepted. So far I have had to fix one stock contribution three times. Boy, do I learn a lot.

Personally, as an illustrator, I enjoy this purple door and could find many ways to incorporate it into

some of my work - that is how a buyer must feel about it too. However, Adobe has the responsibility of holding the high standards demanded by its customers.

I looked carefully at your purple door and find a few flaws around the top and edges of the door molding - blurred areas. Not easily seen unless you view at it at 200%. Try to always view your work at this enlargement before you send it off.

Carry on.  Best wishes, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joanh22203655  wrote

Hello meghanad62257334, This odd occurrence makes me think you ran a batch of your work through a reviewer training session...Perhaps the Novice marked you work okay and later the trainer marked it not okay - different opinions of trainers.

May be, but I do not think that works like that. I suppose training is done with some kind of real data but on a testing system...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, So I guess we keep guessing? Funny world.

Best always, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked your account and see that at least 7 of the 10 files you uploaded to have your watermark added. This will always result in a non-compliant rejection reason. The other three files were rejected appropriately for different reasons such as out of focus and technical problems (unnaturally blue tint from very cool white balance).

The door image you have shown here is not in your upload history. Do you have an additional account? What is the file number? I will be happy to take a look at it for you to provide additional information if possible.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mat

Thank you. Did you take a look at fdptemecula​ file? This contributor started the thread.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fdptemecula,

In the case of getting conflicting responses, I'd first check to see what is the real case. Is the image really rejected or accepted. To know if your image was accepted click on "Dashboard" on the black menu bar. If your file is accepted, you will find it on the open page(s). If it is not there, it is rejected; in which case on the "Uploaded Files" page you click on "Rejected" below the black bar. Find the relevant thumbnail, click on it, read the full reason for rejection, and the suggestions, then proceed from there to take steps to correct the issue if it can be rectified, or if you need help to request it on this forum. If your work is on the dashboard page, there's nothing to do but upload more gorgeous images.

I hope you found this helpful

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines