Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video rejected for technical reasons

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two videos passed six rejected, here is the notice I got

"Unfortunately, during our review we found that it contains one or more technical issues, such as unintentional shaking, empty black or white frame, compression and/or audio issues, so we can't accept it into our collection."

I am trying to trouble shoot what I did wrong and think it could be one of two things I had audio on and used abient sound of a stream recorded on built-in microphone. Will repost with no sound and try that.

I also used Warp Stabilizer since want smoothest possible videos since it was hand held. I am assuming this feature can be used for contributions. The setting for warp stabilizing was "stabilize crop and auto scale" Preserve scale was not selected

Are there settings for warp stabilizer that are recommended for content going to adobe stock?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say what could be the reason without seeing the video, but your guess about the audio seems to make sense, especially since it was recorded with the built-in microphone.

Generally speaking, it's a good idea to submit videos without sound because 1) editors will add their own sound tracks and SFX, and 2) bad sound can cause your video being rejected, even if the visual aspect is flawless.

Warp stabilizer sometimes increase, or even add, wobbling. Like anything that can alter quality, it should be used very carefully and you should watch your video very closely after applying it to make sure there is no wobbling or distortion, maybe shortening it to remove problematic frames is need be.

Better a good 10-second clip than a bad 15-second one.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am resubmitting with no sound and stabilization. I was trying to see if specific settings for stabilization for stock are recommended like the upload settings. Thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I was trying to see if specific settings for stabilization for stock are recommended"

Unlike framerate, bitrate, etc... which are purely technical, stabilization is more like (color; exposure,...) editing, so no. It depends on the content of the video.

You might find that some specific settings usually work well with your own footage depending on shooting conditions and topic, but that's pretty much it.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines