Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to lern the reject reasons of my photography

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I would like to offer some of my photos on adobe stock and have only received rejections on my images so far.
Maybe you can help me to improve my work.

The pictures are mostly atmospheric, dark and with little depth of field - is that always a criterion for exclusion?

Are the pictures generally too noisy?

2023_01_02.jpg_DSC8287-1.jpg_DSC7978.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

You need an IP release for any recognisable product. That is, the maker or designer would recognise this as their design. Picture#2 is a good example of this. Brand names are different - they are not allowed in normal submissions at all, not even with a release, I think. Picture#1 is a good example of this.

Remember your photos may be used in adverts to sell anything, even rival products, and you must confirm you have all the rights to do that. Yet, if the picture of Kentucky Highway Honey was u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the photos are all too dark.

The 1st photo is too noisy and needs an IP release.

The 2nd photo has aberation in the background and needs an IP release.

The 3rd photo has overexposed highlights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ralph, 
thanks for your quick response. Did I also need an IP release for products without brand names on it?

1st one... yes think you are right

2nd... ok, but do you think after fixing it is a chance for the picture?

3rd... Okay, but this is a sparkler, how can I photograph without overexposed lights? all the lights on a firework are overexposed, aren't they?

thanks a lot for you helt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need an IP release for any recognisable product. That is, the maker or designer would recognise this as their design. Picture#2 is a good example of this. Brand names are different - they are not allowed in normal submissions at all, not even with a release, I think. Picture#1 is a good example of this.

Remember your photos may be used in adverts to sell anything, even rival products, and you must confirm you have all the rights to do that. Yet, if the picture of Kentucky Highway Honey was used to advertise Kentucky Road Super, with bad references to the Kentucky Highway Honey, we can see lawyers getting involved. Nobody wants that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Noise is the primary reason for rejection, though composition is also not good. Additionally you would have needed to submit a product release because of the label in the bottle.

2. Underexposed, blown highlight, not well composed 

3.noise and chromatic aberration. 

Read all of the Adobe stock help pages before proceeding in order to improve your chances of acceptance.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines