• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watercolor rejected - not sure why?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so my watercolor illustration has been rejected. I do not think it is low quality but it has some typical watercolor imperfections that are actually intentional. So is it something different? Maybe it is not commercially appealing? What do you think?

Watercolor Easter Chicken - white background.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Because the one reviewing the picture does not know that you did create the artwork. Especially for assets like your's the property release may be necessary...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pawel Zakrzewski, We will be happy to give you our opinion. However, we would like to know the reasons given for the rejection so we can focus on the stated errors or reason for rejection.

Meanwhile, take a look at this information regarding rejections. Best, JH

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Select an article:

ON THIS PAGE

Applies to: Stock Contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all i got was it does not meet the requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Commercial appeal is a rejection reason on it’s own. You should give us the exact rejection reason as you did get it in your local language. We will be able to manage that afterwards to map the rejection to the corresponding English text.

Am I correct to assume that your are located in Poland?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the message was exactly that:

"Dziękujemy za możliwość oceny Twojego obrazu. Niestety podczas recenzji stwierdzono, że nie spełnia on naszych wymagań. Z tego względu nie możemy przyjąć tej pracy do naszej kolekcji."

There is no explenation, just that it "does not meet our requirements".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not the text I mean. That text you will get for each rejection. What is more interesting is the rejection reason. That's missing. The rejection reason is below the image miniature in the e-mail.

The rejection reason can also be found here: Sell stock photos, videos, vectors online | Adobe Stock Contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

under the pic in the email is pretty much the same:

Powód odrzucenia: praca niespełniająca kryteriów.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now looked into all rejection reasons I have got and I did not find anything of that reason. Just out of the blind: did you add a property release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i did not. i do not see why should i if it is created by me? should i add a property release signed by me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pawel Zakrzewski, If your work looks professionally done, the reviewer must be certain you are the creator so they can protect your copyright. In a way, I consider this a compliment if this is the reason. Your work is quite nice. Here is a little more information on copyright. Best Regards, JH

Keep a copy of this handy and read the release information,

Model and Property Releases:

"You also need model releases for any illustrations or vector artwork based on real people or body parts. For example, you need a model release for a photograph that includes a face printed on a t-shirt or a photo portrait on a wall. 

Requirements for a model  or Property release

You can download a model release template from the Adobe Stock Contributor portal, find it here, or route the model release for an electronic signature using Adobe Sign directly from the Contributor portal. The process is straight forward and there’s no need to download any software to make it work. For information, see Upload a model or property release.

Download our detailed checklist to confirm that you are including all required information:

Use this model release checklist to make sure that the forms you submit comply with our requirements.

Be aware of the following requirements:

• To assure legibility, print all names in CAPITAL LETTERS
  • The name of the photographer must be the same as the Adobe Stock account holder name.
  • Companies and agencies have the right to use different photographers/filmmakers. If you are submitting content as a company, your company name must appear next to the photographer or filmmaker’s name.
  • If the model is under 18 years of age, you must obtain the signature of the parent/legal guardian. Try to get both parents to sign the release—one as the parent or legal guardian and the other as the witness. This precaution reduces the risk that one parent will try to revoke the consent given by the other.
  • If you are a parent photographing/filming your child, you must print your name and sign twice: once as the artist and once as the parent.
  • When photographing/filming a group, you need the names and signatures of each person on a separate release. For example, if you photograph/film the football team, the coach can’t sign for the whole group.
  • The witness cannot be the model or the photographer. A signature from a witness is not required if you use the Adobe Sign feature to collect electronic signatures.
  • All signatures must be dated and the dates must match.
  • The moderators cannot accept a release that appears stitched together digitally.
  • Model Releases must be submitted as JPEGs and titles must be fewer than 30 characters long.
  • Ethnicity of the model.
  • Information about the date and location of the recording session.
  • Visual reference image of the model. A visual reference is required if you use the Adobe Sign feature to collect electronic signatures.

Optional, but recommended:

Acceptable Release Forms

We accept model releases in many languages. We also accept forms obtained from other sources if they include all the required information found in our checklist and are filled out properly. See above for downloadable Model release checklist."

Model releases links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the one reviewing the picture does not know that you did create the artwork. Especially for assets like your's the property release may be necessary...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a busy weekend, i will try to upload it again on monday with a property release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo

Just a note: For releases, works are not outright rejected. The work is usually placed in "Reminder" and the notification highlights that a release is required.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jacquelingphoto2017  wrote

Hi Abambo

Just a note: For releases, works are not outright rejected. The work is usually placed in "Reminder" and the notification highlights that a release is required.

Regards

JG

...and it's rejected when no release is provided.

Which proves again that if OP would have given us the whole story, he would have gotten a correct answer with the first reply and 6 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it seems it was that property release. thank you all for your help couse to be honest reading what adobe has in their docs about releases i was sure it must be some kind of mistake. there is a lot about architecture and models, but many people put their own graphics here and in my opinion it is absolutely not obvious that you need to send releases for your own work as well. to be honest i do not understand why is it different with photos - you are also an author but no release required?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawel Zakrzewski

Your artwork is nice. But even then there will be markets that it will not do well in, as well as there might be others that it does. The aim of Adobe is to give your work the best, and most flexible chance of being bought. Therefore it must be appealing to multiple markets. It just might be that Adobe market might not gravitate so much to this kind of art, despite its beauty. This is my opinion. If there is anything more specific I can come up with I'll post here.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got a reminder about a release, but i thought it was a mistake as i read when it is required. i will try to upload it again today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, when you get a reminder about a release it is required as the moderator (or even the system automatically) will reject the asset by default if the release is not loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawel Zakrzewski

In the rejection notice there is usually a link mark "More Details". If you click on it you'll be taken to the full rejection reason in "Rejected". Otherwise go to your contributor page. Below the black menu bar, and the 4 menu from the left, click on "Rejected". That will take you to copies of all your rejected works and the full reasons for rejection, along with a little explanation and links for reading, and to the relevant forum.

I hope you found this helpful

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines