Exit

We work, they thrieve.

Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Firstly I am Ozkan with this portfolio:

https://stock.adobe.com/contributor/206388933/ozkanakdag

I would like to thank to Adobe Stock for developing a web site that we can sell our works and become contributors which inspires and makes us to continue what we love, but;

This is a company which has recently bought my artwork (also to this post an image has been attched);

https://wallsheaven.com/wall-murals/abstract-digital-high-resolution-watercolor-painting-of-violet-l...  The main reason of this post is its price. I have attached another document to this post and they have bought the image for a 0,38 USD or this is the royalty I have which they sell on a 150+ USD.

Yes, it is for me, it is a job or hobby or something that you can work on and continue to enjoy art in anyway.

There will be answers like "They have our API and you signed the agreement whatever."

Adobe is not, as far as I know, a company which the main income is Adobe Stock. I am not telling that I will resign the agreement that I signed but if this policy is ethical and fair may someone write an anwer saying that: yeah, you work they thrieve and this is the rule.

At least in this API and so on, an agreement MUST be made with at least third parties need to buy it from commercial or extended license prices.

I am trying to say that I work and trying to make a living from stock photography, but the reality is you work we and our third party customers will be getting rich.

If this is fair, please type that is fair and I will be content.

Hope to hear from you soon and kind regards.

Ozkan

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for being a contributor! Adobe provides several ways to offer your Works for license per the terms of your Adobe Stock Contributor Agreement, including via Adobe’s API partners.  Adobe has confirmed that Wallsheaven.com is an authorized API partner.

This means that anytime one of Wallsheaven customers buys your image from their website you receive royalties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ms. Harris, Dear Sir/Madam,

I am not asking whether this company has an API or has an agreement with Adobe Stock. Sorry but you missed the point of this message.

If someone has a large printer, an Adobe Stock API and a website then Adobe will allow you to buy artists' images from 0,38 USD and sell it from 150+ USD and also Adobe will allow you to become rich by becoming a partner but this rule DOES NOT apply to artists nor contributors; they must work, create and suffer but if you buy a printer and our API the possibilities endless over 150 million images.

As something is not done about updating its API Agreement to third parties, Adobe is declaring you will work hard here and you will get bread and water but we will be eating steak in the dinner.

The third parties MUST be charged with Commercial or Extended License Price.

If any contributor is reading this, may you please type "I agree" for this message?

And also, I am protesting this conditions by not uploading any artwork anymore.

Kind Regards.

Ozkan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customer who selects an image at a print on demand website could also license the image directly on a Stock website, take it to a printer to get it printed as a poster, and you, the contributor, would get a similar royalty payment as you do through a print on demand API partner. Each time someone purchases a poster, wallpaper etc at a print on demand API partner, the contributor is compensated. I understand that your concern is about the discrepency of the price the end customer pays for the final product versus how much the contributor is compensated. I'm pointing out that the cost of the license for the print on demand partner is the same as for any customer who buys the content  directly on the Adobe Stock website.

Selling Stock images is a volume business and through API partners your work gets visibility beyond the Stock websites. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a merry masquerade and ridiculous charade.

Your rules:

Standard licenses

Most Adobe Stock photos, vectors, and illustrations come with a Standard license. With a Standard license, you may:

• Reproduce up to 500,000 copies of the asset in all media, including product packaging, printed marketing materials, digital documents, or software.
  • Include the asset in email marketing, mobile advertising, or a broadcast or digital program if the expected number of viewers is fewer than 500,000.
  • Post the asset to a website or social media site with no limitation on views.
  • Include the asset in some types of products, such as inside a textbook, as long as the primary value of the product is not the asset itself, and the product is not reproduced more than 500,000 times.
  • Share the unmodified asset with your employees and contractors who have contractually agreed to abide by the license terms.
  • Transfer the license to your client or employer.

With a Standard license, you may not:

• Distribute the stand-alone file.
  • Create merchandise, templates, or other products for resale or distribution where the primary value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it.
  • Transfer the license to more than one employer or client, unless separately licensed for each.

Enhanced licenses

Enhanced licenses are available for Adobe Stock videos, templates, 3D assets, Premium Collection, and editorial images.

With an Enhanced license, you may:

• Use the asset with all the rights granted in the Standard license.
  • Reproduce the asset beyond the 500,000 copy/viewer restriction.

With an Enhanced license, you may not:

• Create merchandise, templates, or other products for resale or distribution where the primary value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it.

Extended licenses

With an Extended license, you may:

• Use the asset with all the rights granted in the Standard license
  • Reproduce the asset beyond the 500,000 copy/viewer restriction.
  • Create merchandise, templates, or other products for resale or distribution where the primary value of the product is associated with the asset itself, such as a poster, t-shirt or coffee mug.

With an Extended license, you may not:

A Billion Dollar NASDAQ company, is becoming a (removed) of a 20.000 USD Net Worth of a Polish company in order to make sale.I have been working for four years and with a 3500+ images I do not have permission to say something. We are the ones who is working and uploading artworks; we are! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all of the contributors reading this post.

By the way I am very sorry indeed by using "Polish Company" above and I mean no offense: I cannot distinguish the difference between eastern european languages.

The reason of this conversation here is the Google search of "ozkanakdag" with exact typing:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22ozkanakdag%22&rlz=1C1AWFA_trTR895TR895&ei=yY-BX-OhGej1qwH6t7qoAg&...

If you follow the search results in next pages they are all the same thremed websites and companies using my or your images unfairly.Instead of solving this problem by contacting the website owners one by one, I am trying to resolve it in its source but we have the conversation above.If this is a job, everyone shall play fair.Today my images tomorrow they will be yours.

I urge Adobe Stock to solve this matter.

Kind Regards.

Ozkan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean that when Wallsheaven, as a reseller, downloads a photo of mine and prints it on a wall mural, that they have an extended license and that my earnings are higher? My adobe Portfolio is also shown by Wallsheaven.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir/Madam,

I declare that Adobe Stock is not capable to solve this problem.

I, the only copyright holder of the images those I have uploaded, declare that my images are being sold, used and shared with Adobe Stocks' API and Adobe Stock is, though I mentioned my concerns and unfair use, not taking any responsibility or action.

Kind Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The post above is a note for describing the problem and will be used to contact "Ministry of Culture and National Heritage" in Poland via Turkish Embassy in Warsaw/Poland.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines