• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the technical issues in this photo? It was rejected like others with the same concept. Help

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reviewed all reasons about a photo is rejected with tecnical issues and I don't know this photo has been rejected.

BROTEstudio_muestra.jpeg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Composition wise, I think that Pepto-Bismol / Pink Bismuth background must go, there's way too much of it.  Food photography is challenging enough without a pink bismuth background.  😉

Also it's unclear what you're selling.  There are no other elements in the image for perspective so I don't know if this is a jumbo sized bread boule or a bite sized cookie.  In any case whatever IT is has color fringing around the edges.

Better luck next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Hi @BROTEstudio ,

There is either a problem with white balance or you have pink reflecting from somewhere. The pastry should all be golden brown, but instead some places are pink. That is the technical issue.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1630974735584.png

Also you need to utilize all that negative space. Your subject is the pastry. Utilize the space with the pastry. I like the pink background. It is o'kay if you can avoid it spilling onto the food. 

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition wise, I think that Pepto-Bismol / Pink Bismuth background must go, there's way too much of it.  Food photography is challenging enough without a pink bismuth background.  😉

Also it's unclear what you're selling.  There are no other elements in the image for perspective so I don't know if this is a jumbo sized bread boule or a bite sized cookie.  In any case whatever IT is has color fringing around the edges.

Better luck next time.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Nancy's comments, I would add that if you're going to feature just a single element, it should be a perfect example. I'm not sure what kind of cookie (or bread roll) this is, but it's not perfect...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BROTEstudio ,

There is either a problem with white balance or you have pink reflecting from somewhere. The pastry should all be golden brown, but instead some places are pink. That is the technical issue.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1630974735584.png

Also you need to utilize all that negative space. Your subject is the pastry. Utilize the space with the pastry. I like the pink background. It is o'kay if you can avoid it spilling onto the food. 

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank all of you for your comments. I'll consider them in my future work.

Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @BROTEstudio 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I too think that the pink background should go. It does not suit the subject matter. Is this biscuit/roll sweet or savoury?

Think more about the kind of background that can match the type of food you want to photograph!

Composition is wrong as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines