• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What category does this illustration fall into?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What category does this illustration fall into? I need to select a category when adding this illustration for sale. I don't even know which category might fit. 
Can you suggest an article or resource from Adobe that helps you figure out what is included in different categories, see a list of pictures from different categories?

White5FD8_0-1625626965576.png

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@White5FD8 This is the list and there isn't any more expansion on what's here that I can immediately find: Choose the right category in the Adobe Stock Contributor portal

You have to select one of these that is the closest if you can't find something that is exact. Maybe start by the process of elimination, i.e, you know the category is not food. I would examine similar content from other contributors to see what category they are using so you have the highest likelihood of being found by buyers who are already looking for this type of illustration. What keywords are you assigning this image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myth, fantasy, legend...

Is this based on any particular mythological character or is it a fantasy character that you made up?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a quick search for fantasy character, illustration, I've seen similar images with the category listed as "Men" which must fall under "People." So I guess it is a case of individual selections once you drill down and then use keywords to add further descriptions. I'd start with people if it was me since the main subject has a face and body.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, "people" is too generic and could dilute search filters with too many irrelevant results.

Elf, fairy, aelfdane, or Eärendel who is Tolkien's half-elf, half-human character might be better keyword choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding, Nancy. I hope I didn't confuse @White5FD8. I was talking about the overarching "category" suggestions that they wanted to know about and I see that list is limited to very high-level categories in the Contributor Guidelines. I now see that within those very top categories, you can drill down and get more specific once you are uploading and categorizing your images. I was assuming you have to start by selecting one of these categories first.

Maybe you can create your own categories on the fly? That is great if you can. I agree that it's not the category but the title of the artwork and the keywords that are absolutely critical in finding something like this image. However, if you have to start with one of the 21 categories, I think People would probably be a good starting place based on what I found searching for similar illustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might add that if there is a place to see all the sub-categories that would be really helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, @J E L.  Point well taken.  🙂

Description of categories

Choose a category that describes your content as accurately as possible. Here is some more information about each category:

1. Animals: This is the best category for files related to animals, insects, or pets at home or in the wild.

2. Buildings and Architecture: This category is for all structures like homes, interiors, offices, temples, barns, factories, or shelters.

3. Business: includes business people, business offices, business concepts, finance, and money.

4. Drinks: includes the objects and culture of beer, wine, spirits, and other drinks.

5. The Environment: includes anything depicting nature or the surroundings we work and live in.

6. States of Mind: this category highlights content about our emotions and inner voice.

7. Food: any subject matter that focuses on food.

8. Graphic Resources: includes backgrounds, textures, and symbols.

9. Hobbies and Leisure: this category includes pastime activities that bring joy and/or relaxation, such as knitting, model airplanes, and sailing.

10. Industry: this category highlights work and manufacturing like building cars, forging steel, production of clothing, or production of energy.

11. Landscape: includes vistas, cities, nature, and other locations.

12. Lifestyle: highlights the environment and activity of people at home, work, and play.

13. People: displays all types of people—young, old, and ethnically diverse.

14. Plants and Flowers: features close-ups of the natural world.

15. Culture and Religion: depicts the traditions, beliefs, and cultures of people around the world.

16. Science: showcases content with a scientific focus on the applied, natural, medical, and theoretical sciences.

17. Social Issues: captures social issues like poverty, politics, and violence.

18. Sports: includes football, basketball, hunting, yoga, and skiing.

19. Technology: includes computers, smartphones, virtual reality, and tools to increase productivity.

20. Transport: highlights different types of transportation, including cars, buses, trains, planes, and highway systems.

21. Travel: features local and worldwide travel, culture, and lifestyle.

Note:

If you don't find a category that accurately describes your content, pick the closest one on the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right, that's the list I linked to above but I couldn't find the sub-categories online. I guess you can't until you get into uploading and tagging. I can see in a stock search there are "Men" and "Women" listed under Category so those are subs under People. "Fantasy" might be a sub-category under Technology, Culture and Religion, or Lifestyle. Would like to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines