• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What did I do wrong?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Adobe rejected this for some reason.  I had leveled it using Lightroom, made some shadow adjustments and everything.  I even made sure the image was sharpened.  Can you please enlighten me on what else is wrong?  Thank you so much for your help.  

Standoffish Coo1.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to guess, Adobe always give a reason. Please tell us what it is, my first guess would be "technical issues" or "artefacts". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew it had some technical issues but what is artefacts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, what did they say, specifically, was the rejection? We cannot look at your account to see what Adobe said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definition of Artefacts (aka artifacts): "Digital artifacts are unintentional, unwanted changes in photos that result from the inner workings of your camera. They can appear in both DSLR and point-and-shoot cameras and reduce a photograph's overall quality." Examples are noise, chromatic aberration, fringing, halos, posterization, jaggies, moire, hot pixels, dead pixel. Just Google "Photography artifacts" and you'll see many posts on this topic. Some times they're quite obvious, as in the halo around the horns of the cow in your image, most likely caused by over-sharpening. Other times, you have to zoom in to at least 100% to inspect all areas of the image to find them. I zoom to 200% and scroll around within my images before submitting them.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the US, it's spelled artifacts. 

In any case, this image looks blurry to me. It looks like it was shot with a low megapixel camera.  See How to Avoid Artifacts in Digital Photography

https://www.lifewire.com/avoid-artifacts-in-digital-photos-493765

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rebeccaw9699 , I am sorry but there are several things wrong.

1) the sky is burned out and has no details. This is empty space and needs to be replaced with another sky.

2) the blurred objects on the right side of the street need to be removed.

3) view the image at 100%. You have artifacts around the horns and sky.

4) you did some noise reduction. That caused you to loose the details in the cows hair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines