What did I just purchase and how do I use it (InDesign Template)?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased a template by doing a google search for Adobe Questionnaire Template. I currently have an Adobe DC subscription. Then, I downloaded the template only to find out DC doesn't recognize the file.

No worries, I see Adobe has a page to show you how to convert to pdf (https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/hub/how-to/how-to-convert-indesign-to-pdf)

However, when I drag the file to the box in Tools --> Create PDF it doesn't recognize the file type. It seems DC works with .indd files but not .indt

What gives? How do I open the template?

Bryan

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign templates can be used only with InDesign: you need InDesign. They aren't a general thing for use with other apps like Acrobat. There is in fact no such thing as an Acrobat template in this sense; Acrobat is NOT that sort of editor and questionaires shoud NOT repeat NOT be designed in Acrobat. Design them in InDesign or Word or whatever, then convert to PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines