• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do you think ??

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the attached picture rejected because it was either over or under exposed - I can think of other reasons maybe but over or under exposed!  IS this AI or Human descision making?

Thnakfully the other 63 where fine on this submission.

cheers

StuartB

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

Your file is underexposed and also displays excessive noise/grain when zoomed at 100%.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for your input.  Grain/nosie was put in on purpose as that was the way this shot was designed, So I was expecting adobe to reject on that alone.  Can you explain though what you mean by the file being underexposed. When you look at the Histogram on LR its on the high side?  Always something to learn in this game.

Screen shot below>

2020-06-03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

Zoom to 100% and you will observe that the image is not very lighted. It is a little on the darker or shadowy grey side. The white is not very white. The histogram is showing high highlights. Take down the highlights, and increase exposure.(You might also need to adjust white.) You will notice the image gets whiter.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SB 0520_00510 (1)_2.jpg

The adjustments I made is as follows:

Reduce temperature (It was a little too warm. White should be white)

Increase tint a bit

Reduce highlights a lot

Reduce white

Reduce shadows

Reduce black

By reducing highlights, white, black, and shadow, the histogram moves left.

Increase exposure get the correct exposure, thus removing shadow appearance from where it does not belong. 

I also increase contrast a bit. 

By I was done, the histogram peak was closer to the center.

Gain some separation of an idea of how your finished image should look. Most likely not exact, but close:

https://stock.adobe.com/search?load_type=search&native_visual_search=&similar_content_id=&is_recent_...

While editing I also noted that some of your edges are not entirely sharp. It would appear you did not take the shot with enough depth of field.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Your histogram actually indicates slight overexposure, so I think you have to decrease your exposure a bit - this will give a bit more detail in the garlic -  and increase the whites. Also, decrease the temp slider a bit to more blue in order to take out the yellow cast. You need to bring in just a bit more shadow detail - something like this:

SB 0520_00510exposure.jpg

The review process is done by humans. (This is what we are told.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your interesting answers and your time spent. Quick questions. Can you re-submit the same image again after changing it? if so, how long should you wait to do so? and lastly how do you delete the images from the rejected page as I dont want my images on the site if not being used by adobe. Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can resubmit the same image after making changes, and no, you can't delete it from the rejections page. They are only thumbnails and they are not used by Adobe. They are there for your record. Don't worry about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

In addition to the answer to your questions, and to answer "how long does it takes?"

Immediately you see the rejection, or receive the rejection notice and/or any time thereafter you may make the adjustments and resubmit.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the clarification 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines