• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What have I failed?

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends, I am trying to enter the world of stock, I have taken these photos and they have been rejected. I don't understand the reasons they give me, could someone help me? Thank you very much

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Let me guess: technical issues! You should give us always the refusal reason.

fwr.JPG:

• Noise and bad editing. I would also say, that there is a white balance issue, but with the colour background, this is difficult to evaluate. Abambo_1-1665223697058.png

fwr11.JPEG: same issues:

Abambo_2-1665223791812.png

In addition, I think it is not as sharp as it should be.

fwr3.JPG: Noise, bad cutout and an IP problem (cloud):

Abambo_3-1665223996566.png

fwr-10: noise, erroneous cutout work:

Abambo_4-1665224130645.png

There is also a minor framing error, the elbow should be completely in the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Cutting out hair, especially, is difficult and time consuming. So setting up a carefully lighted photographer's background can save you a lot of time overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Inserting super bright or unusually colored backgrounds behind your subject is definitely going to limit the sales potential. Stay natural. If the Buyer's color palette requires a bright background, they'll do the cut out work themselves. 

In the 2nd image the face is underexposed, and the sweat-stained shirt is not a good look. 

I like the concept of the 3rd image with the man holding the sign, but once again, the background color limits the sales potential. The super white sign board and perhap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Your subject needs to move away from the background. You have to avoid the wrinkles. If that background is grey, you need to correct the white balance. And you will have to put a flashlight on your subject, probably best through an umbrella.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me guess: technical issues! You should give us always the refusal reason.

fwr.JPG:

• Noise and bad editing. I would also say, that there is a white balance issue, but with the colour background, this is difficult to evaluate. Abambo_1-1665223697058.png

fwr11.JPEG: same issues:

Abambo_2-1665223791812.png

In addition, I think it is not as sharp as it should be.

fwr3.JPG: Noise, bad cutout and an IP problem (cloud):

Abambo_3-1665223996566.png

fwr-10: noise, erroneous cutout work:

Abambo_4-1665224130645.png

There is also a minor framing error, the elbow should be completely in the frame.

My tip with such pictures: photograph on a neutral white background and let the buyer do the hard work of the cutout. If you do it, it needs to be perfect. The buyer may introduce the errors you did. If he does not mind because the use anyhow hides those, he or she will be happy and you will have a nice sale.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a disaster .... so the best option is to take the photos with the background color you want, so you don't have to cut? What about the noise because it can be? What parameters of the camera would be ideal for this type of photography?
Thank you very much mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a disaster, it's a learning curve. You may be able to go back to the initial pictures, reduce the noise and post those. It will depend, however, on some parameters that are unknown to me.

Noise is either a consequence of an high ISO setting or high exposure correction. So, you need to expose your subject correctly and you need to have enough light, so that, with a modern high resolution camera, you can take photographs with an exposure time of around 1/100s. I often use an apperture of around 5 to 6 and I have studio flashes to get the correct light situation. The background should either be white, grey or black, with grey probably the easiest to light correctly.

I use fast prime lenses who are able to create crisp sharp photos. Zoom lenses are normally not as sharp, but allow for more versatility. However, in a studio environment, prime lenses are not a disadvantage. If you are skilled, you even get great pictures on events with prime lenses. I've made nice event pictures with a 20mm prime lens on my 5DM4 camera and my workhorse flash 600ex rt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the original unedited photo, the ISO used was 400, f/4, with natural light in front of a window. Do you think that with a little retouching it could happen?
Thank you very much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to fix the white balance (too blue) and edit out all the creases in the background using the clone stamp or healing brush. Had you stood further away from the background it would have been much blurrier at F4 and would have required much less editing.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cutting out hair, especially, is difficult and time consuming. So setting up a carefully lighted photographer's background can save you a lot of time overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of background is the most suitable for this type of photos? Vinyl, fabric, paper?
Thanks a lot for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of background is the most suitable for this type of photos? Vinyl, fabric, paper?

By @Gastón Ernest234716700wry

Whatever you like, and does not reflect any flash (so it should be mate). The colour should be neutral white - grey - black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inserting super bright or unusually colored backgrounds behind your subject is definitely going to limit the sales potential. Stay natural. If the Buyer's color palette requires a bright background, they'll do the cut out work themselves. 

In the 2nd image the face is underexposed, and the sweat-stained shirt is not a good look. 

I like the concept of the 3rd image with the man holding the sign, but once again, the background color limits the sales potential. The super white sign board and perhaps the background color as well make the subject's teeth look yellow, so they should be whitened.

The 4th image also has the stained shirt, and the lighting seems to be coming from below, causing the forearm to be the brightest spot in the picture, when his face should be the brightest. The salmon colored background limits the sales potential.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the original photo, I made it on a light gray fabric, it's the one I have. Maybe another dick of material would be better for this type of photos? more lighting? the photo was made with natural light from a window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your subject needs to move away from the background. You have to avoid the wrinkles. If that background is grey, you need to correct the white balance. And you will have to put a flashlight on your subject, probably best through an umbrella.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. I would study some photography videos either on YouTube or with a paid service like LinkedIn Learning or similar. The paid services normally have a higher overall quality, as you don't need to sift through videos that are presenting bad advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines