• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is wrong with this image??

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I recently submitted this 3d digital render for review. The image was not excepted. I published it as a photograph because I believed it to be closer to that than an illustration. Is the problem that I published as a photo - or just the quality of the piece in general? Any advice from those experienced in this space would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Walker

IMG_7221.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Evaluating it as a photo, I would say that it's underexposed, mostly out of focus, noisy and an odd color. Additionally, the composition, with the fruit cut off on the left side and bottom, is not optimum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evaluating it as a photo, I would say that it's underexposed, mostly out of focus, noisy and an odd color. Additionally, the composition, with the fruit cut off on the left side and bottom, is not optimum. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jill. This is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The description should mention that it's a render. (Not sure what class it belongs to). Customers can get very cross and demand refunds if they expect a photo and get a render when they look at what they paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the advice. That makes a lot of sense. I will definitely submit renders only as illustrations in the future and will mention them as such. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Walker25661011thwq,

I suggest you do not select photo in the future. If it not a photo, it's just not a photo. Selecting photo is misleading no matter what it look like. So I'd say select illustration and include that it is a rendering in the caption.

In any case, in my opinion, too much is blurred. 

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines