• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What "technical issues" was this photo rejected for?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Any ideas why this photo was rejected? To me the focus and lighting seems fine... thanks:)

DSC_3547 (2).JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

There is definitely a yellow cast to this photo, I'm guessing from the indoor lighting.  The depth of field seems a bit too shallow to me, and the bakery item is slightly out of the frame on two sides.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

I agree with @George_F re the color, but also it isn't quite as sharp as it could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Hello,

The lighting could be a lot better; it isn't fine! Currently, you have spectral highlights on the bread. You have white balance issues - it is too yellow! Don't use indoor lighting (tungsten, energy saving, etc, as they give out a warm light). You really need studio-type lighting to give more even lighting conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is definitely a yellow cast to this photo, I'm guessing from the indoor lighting.  The depth of field seems a bit too shallow to me, and the bakery item is slightly out of the frame on two sides.

Hope that helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @George_F re the color, but also it isn't quite as sharp as it could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The lighting could be a lot better; it isn't fine! Currently, you have spectral highlights on the bread. You have white balance issues - it is too yellow! Don't use indoor lighting (tungsten, energy saving, etc, as they give out a warm light). You really need studio-type lighting to give more even lighting conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read up on white balance and depth of field below.  It will help you improve your photographic technique so you won't need so much post-time in Photoshop or Lightroom.

Read the Stock Contributor User Guide for more tips.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you correct all the technical issues, you still have to cope with that partial logo in the background. That may trigger an IP violation.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines