• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's with this rejection?

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been shooting for a VERY long time.  Been a pro for 35 years, in stock for 15 years. I like Adobe Stock since joining last year, quite a few decent sales.  Although the vast number of my images are accepted, once in a while I'm dumbfounded by just how ridiculous a rejection reason is. In this case, copyright.  What copyright...there's no name, no number, no nothing!  I won't go into other agencies manner of sensibly dealing with contribution re-submissions (good practice)...here it doesn't exist.  Anyway, what's with rejecting this image?  Don't expect this to be reviewed since as mentioned, there's no way for that to happen here.  Just glad the image is elsewhere.  Thanks very much...just wondering what's with this rejection.distorted social security card WEB.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Hi Ken Tannenbaum, I too am an oldtimer- professional. Retouch artist and Illustrator. Adobe is very much the same as we are - very professional and they are world-wide. Copyright issues are many and involved, If there is a slight chance that the government would dislike this, this shot will not be accepted by Adobe. If you like Adobe, trust them they will protect our products and their own from lawsuits. The changes in the copyright laws are happening and everyone will need to tighten up their

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken Tannenbaum, I too am an oldtimer- professional. Retouch artist and Illustrator. Adobe is very much the same as we are - very professional and they are world-wide. Copyright issues are many and involved, If there is a slight chance that the government would dislike this, this shot will not be accepted by Adobe. If you like Adobe, trust them they will protect our products and their own from lawsuits. The changes in the copyright laws are happening and everyone will need to tighten up their regulations. I am not sure why you want to get this picture out there. Most anyone can make something like it. You have messed up the lettering but this still could be used by someone to make fake SS cards. It is a naughty world out there. Advice here? Just leave it at the front door. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joan...

Why do it in the first place?  Because I can for one and because I create many images that relate to the issues we face, in this case social insecurity.  Besides, clearly, designers and others don't need to spend time creating things like this when for a subscription fee, they can pick from many good images.  Also, it's fun...

Either way, Adobe's great in many respects...but the issue of a closed door to conversations about re-submission is an affront to their contributors and I've told them so.  It's why I went royalty free from much of my work.  If to here, then there!

Thanks very much!  Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Ken, Adobe is your customer..... They accept, display and sell your products. Give the customer what they need and want. I like your spirit. Happy regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Stock Contributors to Stock Contributor Critique

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines