• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's wrong with these images?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, new to Adobe Stock and figuring out what gets accepted into Stock and these images were denied b/c "it contains one or more technical issues, so we can't accept it into our collection." I read through Adobe's own little pdf on getting images accepted and I thought these images would work, but it was denied. I shot these myself BTW. 

Any input helps, thanks! 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

All of the four images have noticeable noise and artifacts in the sky when viewed at 100%.  There are some dust spots and dead pixels in there as well.  

Reading histograms on these sorts of photos is tough and I don't necessarily believe the histogram tells the entire story, but I believe the darker ones are a bit underexposed and even hitting the auto button in lightroom brought back a lot of detail into the trees and buildings surrounding the highway.

The 5th accepted photo you posted looked

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock doesn't accept B&W images.  Customers want full color images they can use in commercial projects.

Night shots are very challenging even for experts.  Beginnners should stick with daylight shots when the sun is overhead or just behind your shoulder.

Apart from the obvious motion and lack of details, I'm just not sure these have much sales potential.

Read your Stock Contributor's User Guide carefully.   Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for replying. Just letting you know that Adobe has accepted several of my black and white pictures, but fair point about what the customer wants. Is there an issue with intentional motion in a picture? This image was accepted with no problem. Just trying to figure out what the criteria is for creative decisions. 

Firework22-12.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different reviewers notice different things.  They are human. 

The Stock submission criteria is published in your Stock Contributor User Guide. 

Also read the DO's & DON'Ts

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/editing-dos-and-dont.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of the four images have noticeable noise and artifacts in the sky when viewed at 100%.  There are some dust spots and dead pixels in there as well.  

Reading histograms on these sorts of photos is tough and I don't necessarily believe the histogram tells the entire story, but I believe the darker ones are a bit underexposed and even hitting the auto button in lightroom brought back a lot of detail into the trees and buildings surrounding the highway.

The 5th accepted photo you posted looked much cleaner than the other 4, thats my hunch as to why these were rejected and that one accepted.

Cool photos for sure!  But like Nancy said, nighttime photos are pretty challenging to nail from a technical standpoint.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines