Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What THECHNICAL ISSUE is it here?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've alreasy read the begginers guides aroud, and read here a lot about rejections caused by underexposure, trademarks, models... I would like to know what is wrong with ths foto. I mean, obviosly a big part of it is Out of focus. It was thought that way. I love this foto, it's the wallpaper on my phone actually. I was uploading a bunch of blurred background lights, thought simply as nice resources. And all have meen rejected due toTECHNICAL reasons.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

It's blurred. It may look nice, it might be art, but it's blurred, so you get a technical rejection. Adobe will accept art only if it's techncally perfect photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Hello,

Blurring may have been intentional here, but no good for stock. You may love this photo, but what could a buyer do with this? How could they use it - as a screen saver/wallpaper? I don't think it works.

It was right that it was rejected. As a general rule, I wouldn't blur photos, unless it is used correctly. (It's a technique in itself.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's blurred. It may look nice, it might be art, but it's blurred, so you get a technical rejection. Adobe will accept art only if it's techncally perfect photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Blurring may have been intentional here, but no good for stock. You may love this photo, but what could a buyer do with this? How could they use it - as a screen saver/wallpaper? I don't think it works.

It was right that it was rejected. As a general rule, I wouldn't blur photos, unless it is used correctly. (It's a technique in itself.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't submit too artistic pictures, they do not work well on stock. Besides the focussing issue, you also have a noise issue

Abambo_0-1643371169310.png

and the colours are quite saturated. And yes, it's kind of underexposed…

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm... understood. Thanks a lot for your kind answers and directions.

@Test Screen NameGot it. I'm not a pro of course. Didn't imagine the level of technical perfection needed to be that high!

@AbamboI dindn't see that noise. I guess I didn't zoom enough. Thanks for noticing. I have to work on that! I don't yet know how... But I'll figure it out. It was night, a well illuminated tree (color lights) from the side and a 35mm f/1.8 pointing upwards. I'll have to do some test there to see how to reduce noise. Maybe using Flash and less diafragm, but it'll kill color lights probably. I'll try.

@ricky336I assume the noise issue. For me Blurring shouldn't be a problem but I'll have to live with that genral rule 🙂 No excessive Bokeh here, OK. 🙂 And yes, I was hoping it will work as background for several purposes. But I see I'll have to rethink the kind of uploads you guys need here.

Again. Thank a lot for your kind observations and guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't imagine the level of technical perfection needed to be that high!

By @EnriqueRG

Perfect is just enough.

I guess I didn't zoom enough. Thanks for noticing. I have to work on that! I don't yet know how... But I'll figure it out. It was night, a well illuminated tree (color lights) from the side and a 35mm f/1.8 pointing upwards. I'll have to do some test there to see how to reduce noise. Maybe using Flash and less diafragm, but it'll kill color lights probably. I'll try.

Always check at 100% for sharpness and 200-300% for artefacts and noise. I saw the noise, however, at 100%. Noise is a classic, and at ISO720 you'll have noise. Use a tripod and lower the ISO. And as you will need to add more DOF, you can't go full open, which means even more exposure time. Take brackets, that helps to select the correct picture. A flash does not help much in a case like this. It kills the light effect.

You can also use a good amount of noise reduction in the blurry parts. I've successfully denoised ISO2000 pictures using Lightroom. For difficult cases, I use DeepPRIME.

For me Blurring shouldn't be a problem but I'll have to live with that genral rule 🙂 No excessive Bokeh here, OK. 🙂 And yes, I was hoping it will work as background for several purposes. But I see I'll have to rethink the kind of uploads you guys need here.

I agree with Ricky, the really tiny DOF is a problem here.

And we guys are like you, contributors, not Adobe employees.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before submitting images to Stock, compare yours with other Stock Inventory in the same keyword category.  Ask yourself if your image is better.  If you were a customer, would you buy it?  What could you use it for commercially?   If the answer to any question is "I don't know," chances are it's not right for Stock.

Read these links.

Don't be discouraged.  Everyone learns from their mistakes.  Keep working at it.  And better luck next time. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines