• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Types of Photos Are More Effective For Stock?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking of submitting my landscape photos to Adobe Stock. After having a look at the photos on the platform, I am not sure whether it is any good for me to submit my landscape photos or not. Most of the photos seem to be created with the purpose of practical usage in mind. Can anyone share your experience in this regard? What types of photos are more effective for the stock? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you already have an Adobe Stock Contributor Adcount, two tabs on your main profile page are useful to review: Insights and Artist Hub. They display what's currently popular and selling on Adobe Stock. Additionally, the Adobe Stock Discord Channel occasionally displays curated content and " calls for content" which can help to inform you in what is wanted by the Buyers. The Adobe Blog is also helpful. https://blog.adobe.com/en/topics/stock

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Most of the photos seem to be created with the purpose of practical usage in mind....

By @V27918810tdg4

Practical use is key. How can the photo be used in a commercial sense? General landscape shots probably won't sell very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Among my 100 top-selling images, I have 25 landscapes; so they do sell, but not as well as other genres. My top seller by far is an upscale outdoor living room with seating and a fireplace (with no people in it).

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, landscape/general views sell. But what everyone should know: as long as you do not invest and shoot especially for stock, you can submit. If they get accepted and sell, it's OK. If they don't sell, it's OK. If they get refused, it's OK.

But yes, if you shoot for stock, and especially for stock, it's good to look at the information given by Adobe.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People, people, people, and things of the daily use, including business use. https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines