Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the noise/artifacts?

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can someone please tell me where the noise or artifacts are in this photo?   Surely not in the texture of the iguana's skin or the grains of beach sand?  What am I not seeing?

Thanks and regards

PamP9301147-23.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Hi,

In this image - what looks to me - is that you used too much noise reduction. You don't have any detail - everything is kinda smudged over. Using too much Luminance noise correction can do this.

Annotation 2019-07-18 JPEG artifacts.jpg

Second thing is that you have white balance problems - your picture is too cold, so I used auto white balance correction here - it looks better!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In this image - what looks to me - is that you used too much noise reduction. You don't have any detail - everything is kinda smudged over. Using too much Luminance noise correction can do this.

Annotation 2019-07-18 JPEG artifacts.jpg

Second thing is that you have white balance problems - your picture is too cold, so I used auto white balance correction here - it looks better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricky

Thanks so much for your reply.  I will learn from this.

regards

Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mookmook, I like this photo! However, it appears to be flat (no depth) and not enough contrast for me. ricky336 knows his stuff so maybe try his advise first. I see things as an illustrator so I would work at more dramatic colors and luminescence. My favorite tools for this? Try playing around with exposure and curves. So, maybe do not just chuck it, try a fix or two on the original and resubmit. Best wishes. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Joan.  I will learn from your response also 🙂

Kind regards

Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines